1st Shift Proofreader
Our client is a Fortune-500 Pharmaceuticals company located in Central NJ. With new drugs launching this summer, my client is looking to build their content development team by adding an AMA experienced proofreader. The right candidate will have prior experience working in corporate pharma or will have worked with pharma clients at an advertising agency. He or she will have proofread all types of advertising collateral, both print and web. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to learn and grow! If you're sick of long agency hours with last minute overtime, you would love this work/life balanced environment! Read on:
Position Description and Responsibilities
• Works as an extension of the brand review team and reviews and approves all promotional projects produced by BMStudio.
• Edits all advertising, promotional, and educational projects to ensure:
o Accuracy of spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, and context
o Accuracy of references and other data
o Compliance with corporate, FDA, and AMA guidelines
o Correct usage and presentation of trademarks, logos, and corporate branding
o Consistency and accuracy of layout components
o Overall sense, continuity, consistency, clarity, and presentation
• Upon the client’s request, provides copyediting assistance to improve content and readability.
• Proofreads all design and copywriting projects including hard copy documents, PDFs, PowerPoint presentations (printed and on-screen), CD-ROMs, web pages, as well as various types of creative collateral.
• Ensures all client and LMR annotations are made at specified junctures in the review process.
• Ensures all deadlines are met.
• Ensures Pharmaceutical Regulatory, Legal and Compliance guidelines are followed to the letter.
• Ensures that branding guidelines are followed to the letter.
• Interacts with the Account Executive to resolve issues, negotiate revisions, and verify information whenever necessary.
• Verify correct version of Prescribing Information (PI), Brief Summary, Important Safety Information (ISI), and Patient Information (PPI). Maintain, update, and work from current master documents.
• Provides final sign-off on projects at the disk release and blueline stages to ensure accuracy.
• Provides editorial contribution to and involvement in preparation and processing of materials for product launches and POAs (Plan of Action meetings).
• Verifies references and ensures adherence to AMA guidelines.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills and Knowledge Desired
• Ability to accurately review complex materials including all graphics, texts, multimedia, web sites and charts with excellent attention to detail.
• Must have a good knowledge of Adobe Acrobat to work with PDF files that come into department.
• Excellent project management skills, highly organized and ability to multitask effectively.
• Excellent team player with good interpersonal skills.
• Operates effectively and with flexibility in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Must have strong command of the written English language.
Experience/Position Requirements Desired
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Writing, Journalism, or Communications.
• Minimum 3 years professional copyediting and proofreading experience, preferably in the medical field.
• Knowledge of medical/pharmaceutical terminology, basic anatomy, or other science preferred.
• Knowledge of federal regulations governing pharmaceutical advertising, and AMA editorial styles and guidelines preferred.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
1st Shift Proofreader