Aquent's client is looking for a Junior UX Writer who is passionate about working on content (both text and voice) creation, validation, and refinement for fast-paced production projects. You will work closely with the UX writing lead, UX writing members, UX designers, as well as the South Korea UX writing team.
The Junior UX writer has two major roles. The first is to validate and refine the UX writing content created by UX designers. The second is to create and refine US-services content working closely with UX designers.
You should have experience working as a copy editor and/or working very closely with UX Designers. You should also have experience working with wireframes and design specifications. You will be a confident champion for content and the user. You are self-directed and will seek out answers that are needed. You are eager to chip-in when needed as a Junior UX Writer.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Refine and validate content (text and voice) created by UX designers based on UI specifications and UX writing guidelines
- Familiarize yourself with client proprietary content creation and validation system, and train yourself with the help of the UX writing team from South Korea
- Create original copy, meta descriptions and title tags to fit a website’s information architecture structure and brand voice for US services
- Research and stay abreast of copywriting best practices and trends based on market trends
- 1-3 years of professional experience writing for apps (in English) and UX services is preferred over marketing and branding writing experience. Some combination of the two is acceptable
- Korean language skills (reading in particular) is a huge plus as many of the UX design guideline documents are in Korean
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Design, or a related field
- Understanding of how to write effectively for mobile apps for various audiences
- Understanding of mobile usability and web best practices
- Strong writing and editing skills with an eye for detail, and a style that maximizes web content usability and accessibility
- Ability to adapt writing style to an established brand voice
- Portfolio showing print and/or digital samples
- Must be comfortable asking questions and tracking down answers
- Strong sense of initiative, sense of ownership, and follow-through
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook