Wanted: creative problem solver with 5-7 years of experience planning events and tradeshows. Must love to collaborate but also be disciplined enough to work independently. Multi-tasking is a must-have and flexibility abounds. Like big corporate America? We like you, too. We are less bureaucracy, more big-thinking. We love to work strategically with our internal partners to make our Fortune 500 Company shine.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a confident, experienced, take-charge professional with ability to manage relationships, vendors, logistics, financial and administrative tasks. The ability to travel (30-40%) is required and the candidate must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed during heavy planning periods.
· Negotiate hotel and tradeshow contracts, arrange food and beverage, audio visual, equipment and signage, order tradeshow services
· Conduct research on event sites, potential tradeshows, giveaways, etc.
· Create and revise room layouts or tradeshow floor plans
· Work with vendors, secure estimates, and finalize billing at close of show or event
· Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
· Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
· Prepare event and tradeshow estimates, track expenses and prepare actuals at completion
· Schedule events on the appropriate calendars and internal systems
· Create registration sites using SharePoint or Certain Registration
· Bachelor’s degree required; CMP or CTSM strongly preferred.
· Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills, and speaking
· Ability to manage multiple projects at once with excellent organization skills and little supervision
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills while demonstrating professionalism
Proficient using the web to conduct research, as well as with the latest versions of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint. Experience with Certain Registration (or other registration) software is a plus.