- Write and edit informative, engaging, compelling, accurate, and entertaining copy to increase business value, cultivate customer relationships, and drive action.
- Responsible for contributing to a scalable content creation process, partnering with eCommerce, Marketing, Merchandising, Customer Experience and Customer Service to ensure consistency across departments.
- Focus on creating relevant, unique content for website, products, product categories, user guides, print marketing materials, marketing emails and site landing pages.
Major responsibilities and duties:
- Work with other members of the team to ensure the content strategy complements and amplifies all website and channel initiatives.
- Verify all copy statements are supported by research, data, or merchandising guidance and are documented appropriately
- Work within current SEO best practice guidelines.
- Apply established procedures for content creation or content auditing to meet business needs and provide solutions for problems or obstacles
- Be able to understand and translate technical product data into useful customer-focused copy
- Edit informational, marketing, and UX copy as needed
- Lead special projects as needed
- Act as a service organization to support email, direct mail and brand teams marketing and copywriting needs.
- Ensure messaging is consistent throughout all channels and promotional vehicles.
- Use metrics to make adjustments/additions to campaign strategy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners, and use consumer and competitive research and analysis to develop and elevate product merchandising content.
- Identify and adjust tone to shape messages for segmented audiences.
- At least 1-3 years of professional copywriting, editing, and basic project management experience, with emphasis on content marketing and digital marketing with a strong emphasis on product/technical content.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field.
- Proactive and highly organized multitasker who can meet deadlines while proposing, writing, and editing a high volume of content.
- Ability to learn quickly, take direction, and be proactive in proposing new ideas or solutions.
- Outstanding copywriting skills and knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Familiarity with Digital Asset and Content Management Systems is preferred
- The ability to iterate quickly and effectively in response to feedback.
- Impact on organization:
- Work relationships Work with other members of the team to ensure the content strategy complements and amplifies all website and channel initiatives.