The Content Manager is responsible for entering and maintaining content on our client’s Intranet. The Content Manager is responsible for providing content owners with appropriate guidance to maximize the effectiveness of their presence on the client's global site. This is done by following clearly established Style Guide requirements and relies heavily on the Content Manager’s expertise in web site design and presentation.
The Content Manager will also assist global site users by answering their questions about content on the site. The Content Manager will publish content areas for business owners throughout the organization.
• Maintain content and related processes that keep information on Global Source sites accurate and current.
• Collect, organize, edit and publish content in response to requests received from internal customers, in a manner consistent with established service level agreements, ensuring the right information is delivered to the right customer.
• Work collaboratively and productively with a cadre of publishers as well as the Global Source Work Group, Creative Services, eCommerce, community liaisons, content owners and other key resources.
• Uphold and promote compliance with client standards as well as other applicable policy and standards (e.g., Corporate Identity Standards, client's International Policy).
• Proactively consult on messaging and design.
• Routinely review client's Global Source and work with content owners to ensure their content is up-to-date and accurate.
• Construct new pages using content management system publishing templates, based on content provided by stakeholders, information architects and designers.
• Create new or edit existing pages on Marriott Global Source on an as-needed basis.
• Work to improve processes; actively seek user and customer feedback.
• Work on special content projects and other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
• Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
utilizing technical knowledge and skills to enhance business processes.
establishing priorities for self and, where appropriate, others.
allocating own time effectively to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups.
contributing to department/unit budget as appropriate (i.e., input, following guidelines, etc).
Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
Performs other duties as appropriate.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
• B.A. or B.S. degree in Communications or related discipline preferred
• Minimum of two (2) years experience in internet/intranet design and content management including HTML, metadata, and content layout
• HTML editing using commercially available products (e.g., DreamWeaver, FrontPage)
• Demonstrated experience using a content management system to load or maintain information on a website
• Image editing/optimization
• Demonstrated technical experience with a variety of software, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
• Web publishing/content management.
• Strong written, verbal and listening skills; effective knowledge of English usage, punctuation and grammar, with an emphasis on writing and editorial skills and formats
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with internal customers (experience in customer service and/or hotel operations a plus)
• Independence and ability to manage multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills