This position is mostly remote but you would need to be within a reasonable commute to go into the office on the rare occasion. Candidates can be Pasadena, Pleasanton, Denver, Portland, Atlanta and Mid-Atlantic region.
We're looking for someone with extensive expertise in developing for accessibility -- it's a pretty rare skillset.
• The person needs to be great at consulting as well, not just a doer but someone who can help teach others.
In addition to the job description please provide the following information:
Top 3-5 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Development for production and/or prototyping, including:
a. Translate concepts and mockups to into WCAG 2.0 AA compliant prototypes and completed web pages while adhering to design specifications
c. Ensuring cross-browser compatibility and compliance with accessibility guidelines
2. Collaboration with technical writer/editors, user experience designers, application developers, and/or project managers on project work
3. Explaining technical concepts and constraints to non-technical team members
4. Mentoring other front end developers on best practices, front end infrastructure (e.g. GIT, SASS) and frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Angular)
Top 3-5 Required Skills:
2. Proficiency in implementing accessibility standards (WCAG 2.0 AA)
3. Experience in WAI-ARIA implementation
4. Extensive knowledge and experience with assistive technologies (e.g., JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver).
5. Experience with Responsive Web Design techniques and concepts
6. Solid understanding of cross browser compatibilities
1. Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), TeamSite, or other enterprise content management systems
2. Experience with accessibility audit and quality assurance tools and processes
3. Experience in front end development infrastructure and frameworks such as JQuery, SASS, Bootstrap, Git, Grunt, Bower, and Angular
4. Expertise in Responsive Web Design
5. Experience with Agile and/or Lean UX
1. Accuracy, reliability, and excellent attention to detail
2. Ability to work with little supervision, tight timelines, and competing priorities
3. Experience working in multidisciplinary teams
4. Strong communication and interpersonal skills
5. Ability to cross-train and mentor