Writer/Editor- Financial Services
Technical, Promotional, Marketing Thought Leadership
The in-house Editorial team of Financial services client serves as brand voice ambassador for the firm and the focal point in writing and editing a wide range of technical, promotional and marketing thought leadership that supports the firm’s overall growth and brand strategies. This group is part of the Brand, Advertising and Creative Services group and works collaboratively across the organization. The function of Writer/Editor is a combined role at financial client meaning that each member of the Editorial team performs both functions. On projects, individuals will perform the role of primary writer working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) across the firm and in other cases individuals on this team will function as an Editor of the work of other writers on the team. Candidates for positions within the Editorial team must be capable and willing to perform both duties.
In this role, the ideal candidate will possess the ability to execute the brand voice and vision that aligns with and supports the brand strategy set forth by the Head of Brand and can be a champion to that vision with business partners across the firm, in an effort to embrace that vision and infuse the brand voice into every touch point for our broad range of audiences that include: employees, Mass Retail Financial Advisors, “Technical” Financial Advisors, RIAs and select Institutional segments.
In addition, s/he should be able to understand and translate a wide range of financial topics from the highly complex to those more investor friendly, into engaging print, digital, blog, multi-media, animations and other formats for our various audiences as appropriate. S/he will collaborate with internal stakeholders (C-Suite executives, Portfolio Managers, Product Managers, economists, other internal investment professionals, and marketing colleagues), as well as write/edit him/herself as part of the team that functions as the primary writing and editing resource for the OFI organization leveraging the subject matter expertise of our various business partners and your individual editorial knowledge and journalistic skills to make each asset you create relevant, differentiated, thought-provoking, actionable and on-brand.
The ideal candidate will have a strong presence appropriate for a variety of internal seniority levels and will be able to pitch ideas and think strategically across the competitive Asset Management and news landscapes commensurate with experience level.
The Writer/Editor will have strong experience within and intimately know the Asset Management category, retail and/or institutional, and also know how to write for purpose/tell compelling stories, while maintaining the integrity of the original/foundational thesis, in a variety of formats and infuse the brand voice across our various marketing materials.
This position reports to the VP, Head of Editorial.
Writing samples are required
• Ability and willingness to function both as a writer and editor.
• Adhere to general editorial policy direction and guidance/prioritization on specific projects and take direction well.
• Conceptualize and strategize creative themes, and create and edit content for our marketing and promotional pieces, including white papers, brochures, reports, flyers, inserts, postcards, newsletters, websites, Twitter, multi-media etc., as well as in-depth and often highly complex “thought leadership” materials.
• Be a polished, articulate and contributing representative of the Editorial team in discussions with business partners, marketing colleagues and, on occasion, senior management.
• Writing/rewriting/editing original copy across a broad range of topics from the highly complex to the more promotional for our various audiences including: Institutional Investors, Mass Retail Financial Advisors, “Technical” Financial Advisors, RIAs, end investors, 529 plans, general retirement, OFI Senior Management, and internal employee communications.
Competencies for Success/Requirements:
• BA or MBA in a relevant field (English, Journalism, etc).
• 5+ years writing experience, financial services experience required and Asset Management (retail and/or institutional) experience highly desired. Experience in writing highly technical/complex, institutional quality materials strongly preferred (mutual funds, SMAs, VATs, other institutional products, retirement and college savings).
• Strong marketing focus and ability to write, formulate and tell a compelling and differentiated story. Some editorial/journalistic writing experience preferred.
• Ability to analyze and present complex information in clear, concise, interesting manner with regard for strict regulatory requirements.
• Ability to help develop and execute on creative approaches for more promotional materials.
• An active interest in developments within the financial services industry.
• Creative eye for envisioning and then evaluating copy layout and design, working with design and production as well as other business partners.
• Should enjoy working closely with Designers to create the strongest literature possible.
• Excellent time management/detail orientation; this person will need to handle multiple projects with sometimes shifting deadlines, and must be well-organized and self-structured.
• Polished personal style, pleasant outgoing personality; ability to be a flexible team player.
• Developing-to-strong conflict resolution experience.
• Creativity and passion for the art of writing is a must.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Writer/Editor- Financial Services