While it is understood that the individual in this position is an employee, it is expected that they will be more of a team player, consultant and advocate for the client. Candidates who have high levels of integrity, motivation, and professionalism, as well as strong initiative and desire will be more likely to succeed in our work environment.
SUMMARY of the JOB:
This individual must continuously refresh his or her marketing technology skills to stay current. In addition to technical competence, the WordPress Developer must be a continuous learner, work within project plans and budgets, and know when to move on or request support. He or she must be diligent and conscientious in rigorously testing their work and graciously accepting feedback. This individual must have a keen sense for marketing in general and inbound marketing in particular. He or she should be passionate about honing their skills and have a thirst for “what’s next?”
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The WordPress Developer has a broad range of technical skills that he or she contributes as a member to the Digital Marketing Team. These projects may include new website builds or refreshing an existing site. As a Digital Marketing Team member, the WordPress Developer provides technical guidance to the team and to clients, assists in estimating resource requirements, identifies and mitigates technical risks, chooses the appropriate tools for a project, executes the tasks assigned in a timely manner, and
As a member of the Digital Marketing Team, the WordPress Developer must be a team player who can work within the project plan, adhere to a budget, add value through collaboration, and be sufficiently flexible to compromise for the advantage of the team and client. He or she must be a continuous learner, know when to move on or request support, be diligent and conscientious in rigorously testing their work, and graciously accepting feedback. This individual must have a keen sense for marketing in general and inbound market in particular and be passionate about honing their skills.
Administration & Other-
1. Operates sophisticated office equipment such as VoIP telephone system, printers, and uses computers for spreadsheets, word processing, database management, web, CRM, and other applications and tools.
2. Along with all team members, greets visitors and callers, handles their inquiries, and directs them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
3. Continually stays engaged and informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
4. Keeps abreast of latest white hat and black hat tactics so as not to run afoul of search engine guidelines.
5. Knows the language of digital marketing, e.g., organic search, PPC marketing, CTR, CPC, SEM, ROI, keyword density, long-tail keywords, etc. and has a good grasp of measurement and tracking tools like Google Analytics, YouTube Analytics, and WordTracker.
6. Prepares and delivers presentations that promote the Site Strategics brand to customers and prospective customers, and other audiences.
JOB COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Project Management – Develops project plans and budgets; with the Operations Manager, coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress clearly and concisely to clients.
· Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer’s feedback to improve service; responds to request for service and assistance; meets commitments.
· Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates constructively in meetings.
· Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
· Planning and Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; assists in organizing or scheduling other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
· Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.S. /B.A.) from a four-year college or university in the areas of marketing, advertising, communications, English, business administration, project management, computer science, information technology, or a related-field; a minimum of two
years related experience in digital marketing, digital media, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES and/or REGISTRATIONS:
A valid Indiana driver’s license is required for this position.
Incumbent must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. In addition, the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, prospects and the general public.
Incumbent must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Incumbent must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Incumbent must be proficient in MS Office products, Google Apps for Work, and web technologies. Incumbent must have the ability to travel domestically, as required by the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently will stand; walk; sit; stoop or squat; and taste or smell. The employee occasionally will climb or balance; and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally is exposed to working near moving mechanical parts and the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs