Our boutique agency client is looking for a mid-level to senior Wordpress developer to help build a website for their client. Will need to be able to build custom Wordpress themes from scratch and the heavy lifting piece of the site will be an interactive map. This person will be the sole contributor on this project working along side a project manager. Must have experience working freelance as a sole contributor on a wordpress development build. This person can be off-site if local, meetings preferred. Site projected to launch in January.
• Understand both the front and back end of WordPress.
• Work closely with: project managers and marketing in order to develop website.
• Customize and create plugins for the site.
• Develop high performance, highly scalable, custom applications for the web (mostly WordPress).
• Identify areas that can be automated; deliver solutions from start to finish.
• Strong desire to continue improving skill sets and to stay current on the cutting edge of web development.
• Able to code pixel perfect responsive layouts from Photoshop Files
• Proficient with developing WordPress Themes and plugins
• Strong troubleshooting skills when plug-in conflicts occur
• Experience securing WordPress installs and user accounts
• Understand REST APIs and their integration into WordPress
• Write clean, well-documented code
• Work well in a team environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-Starter, with strong time management skills.
• Able to work under tight deadlines with shifting priorities