The types of things this client wants to know when talking to potential candidates include:
- What’s your workflow like from start to finish? How do you ensure you are clear on both user and administrator requirements?
- What UI, Security, Performance, SEO, Maintainability or Technology considerations do you make while building a web application or site?
- Do you start with a framework or from scratch or both?
- What are some of your favorite plugins?
- SOLID, in-depth solid of WordPress development
- Ability to build out the CMS portion of Wordpress sites
- Working knowledge of W3C standards
- Fluent in responsive design principles
- Comfortable in both waterfall and agile project environments
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Development of small to medium sized websites using WordPress -- must be able to build themes from scratch!
- Development of html emails and landing pages
- Responsible for integrity of above assets from debugging to cross device and browser optimization.
- Collaborates with UX designers and project managers to complete feature requirements and improve usability.
- Collaborates with outside development resources on larger scale website projects.
- Strong understanding of cloud architecture and administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing skills.
- Responsible for ongoing personal professional development as trends and best practices evolve for named responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related degree preferred
- 3+ years experience; Ideal candidate would have 5-7 years experience