Windows Systems Administrator - Reading - Up to £390 per day
Our client is a market leading software vendor, specialising in Cyber-Security, Data storage, backup and Professional Support services. Their software-based intelligent archiving platform stores, manages and enables discovery of corporate data from email systems, file server environments, instant messaging platforms, and content management and collaboration systems. It uses intelligent classification engines to manage data, improving a company's ability to retain and protect corporate information whilst also reducing storage costs and simplifying management. Their solutions are designed to serve the world's largest and most complex environments and are used in 99% of the Fortune 500 corporations.
They are seeking a Windows Systems Administrator, who will work as a key member of the Service Operations team and be responsible for providing rapid response support for the Environment and server life-cycle, as it relates to the availability of service. The candidate will serve as a member of the global infrastructure and application support team focused on the maintenance of a 24 x 7 security intelligence back end platform. The scope of the responsibilities includes but not limited to Hardware, O/S and application monitoring, automation and support.
- Provides technical expertise to understand key business drivers and applies the knowledge of internal/external business issues to support new products and services based on best practices and proven technologies.
- Able to anticipate issues and monitor for trends within the environments
- Ability to be pro-active to maintain the fluidity within the environment
- Anticipates and interprets business/customer needs, assesses requirements, and identifies solutions.
- Participate in product life-cycle process, contributing to and/or creating product and technical requirements, systems definitions, and operational procedures as part of this process.
- Solves complex technical problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions, and work towards an automated state.
- Effectively builds relationships, develops consensus among key stakeholders, and influences behaviour.
- Anticipates problems and manages change.
- Develops strong working knowledge of the people, processes, and technologies involved in delivering work in their support arena.
- Provide guidance and accept responsibility for the performance and reliability of various cross-platform applications and services, and ensure that system failures are restored in a timely manner, measured against SLAs.
- Ability to perform deep-dive troubleshooting, data analysis, contribution to the knowledge base, and provide recommendations for continuous improvements to workflow, process, and technology.
- In-depth knowledge in administering servers running on Windows environment
- Sound knowledge in managing Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, VMWare, IIS Web services, backup technologies as well as the full suite of windows services.
- Assist with peer training of user employees on a global team basis and continual knowledge improvement for lower support tiers
- Demonstrates exceptional analytical and problem solving skills - an understanding of SQL querying is highly preferred.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high pressure environment, balancing both business and customer requirements
- Ability to work with a Global support model including customers, peers and other colleagues in other parts of the world
- Experience with ITIL concepts and practices including Change Management, Service Level Management and Operational Level Agreements strongly preferred.
- Ability to provide root-cause analysis, contribute to the knowledge base, and provide recommendations for continuous improvements to work-flow, process, and technology.
- Ability to work in an on-call rotation amongst all global team members
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associates or Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Computer Science / Information Systems / Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
- A+, Network+, Security+, Microsoft certification(s) are highly desired or equivalent experience.
- W2008 | W2012 | SQL 2014 Experience | AWS Experience Qualifications
- Proven experience of providing Tier 2 and 3 support for Active Directory domains, and Windows 2008/2012 servers in a large-scale production environment across multiple sites
- Strong demonstrated experience in a senior Systems Engineering role, including customers facing products and services.
- Strong technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards, including TCP/IP, DNS, MPIO, FC, iSCSI.
- Strong technical experience with server technologies such as Microsoft IIS, SQL 2008/2014, VMWare ESX Hypervisor with the ability to perform SQL application querying to assist with analysis and troubleshooting.
- Strong Powershell and other scripting capabilities to assist with automation of operational tasks and expansion of monitoring
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards, including LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, and Windows Server 2008/2012, Backup Exec, etc.
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and written in a professional manner, and ability to use a ticketing system to track open support issues.
- Strong customer service orientation. Experience working in a dynamic team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to take full responsibility for management of the infrastructure
- Ability to manage organisational changes with day to day operation.