Windows Program Manager
The Business Group (WBG) and The Consumer and Devices Sales (CDS) Team’s mission is to drive awareness, demand and preference for the Windows 10 platform amongst an ecosystem of partners
to build, market and sell a winning portfolio that delights customers and earns fans around the world. This includes positioning Windows 10 modern devices including touch form factors vs existing Windows devices
with earlier versions of the operating system - and against Chromebooks and Macs. WBG and CDS is looking for an experienced Program Manager to support the Commercial Category Manager with delivering two partner programs – EduWins and ProWins to drive device sales and purchase intent within the education and commercial segments.
This position requires a good understanding of the Windows product set in the commercial and education device market and channels (this can be learnt in role). The program manager will work with external
agencies and internal stakeholders to ensure smooth execution of key programmes so strong organizational, communication and project management skills are important. They will also work with stakeholders who orchestrates, and influences customer campaigns and marketing activities and delivers product, solutions and customer campaign feedback to the business. An essential aspect of the role is to align the content, timing and delivery of marketing messages and outreach to customers and partners. You will support the education Windows business with the EduWins programme execution to manage key partners marketing plans to drive Windows devices to Education. This will include managing reporting and budgets as well as content to help partners build pipeline and win deals for Windows devices including tablets.
- Develop and manage an EduWins and ProWins engagement program to support internal and partner readiness and evangelism.
- Develop local EduWins and ProWins plans to execute global program and achieve global goals. Ensure all partners understand program goals and requirements. As both programs evolves, review program changes with partners.
- Ensure partners are compliant with reporting and program requirements. If they are not, follow up with partner to resolve the issue.
- Run monthly local review meetings with program partners to ensure they are driving the effectiveness of the programs in their business. Participate in monthly review meetings with the Corp team in HQ. Recruit new partners when appropriate.
- Work with partners to develop marketing plans. Once plan is approved and contract is signed, monitor partner progress, and report monthly results. Ensure partners submit Plans and Claims on time.
- Deliver excellence in budget planning and management, owning the rhythm of business checkpoints both internally and externally to ensure shared metrics accountability and proactive course correction as needed.
- Successfully position products and services against competitive solutions by understanding customer needs, Productivity offerings, and competitor product offerings.
- Become an Edu Wins advocate for our Partners within the CDS division and the Windows
- Business Group, evangelizing products, marketing plans, initiatives, and results to cross- organizational stakeholders, as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years Product Marketing experience
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills
- Advanced conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, planning and organizational abilities
- Experience with reseller channels, ideally those focused on the education market
Personal Attributes / Interpersonal Skills:
- Evangelist and subject matter expert for product
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communicator
- Experienced in core marketing communications functions including digital and social media