Our client, a prominent University, is seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist to provide digital strategy and planning for all university websites. Full time, direct hire opportunity.
- Conducts audits of university Web sites to ensure ongoing strategic success of university Websites, according to an established client-consultant role; alerts client sites to remove or update content; provides assistance on revisions, provides strategic direction to clients on how to achieve marketing goals via the Internet.
- Utilizes Web-tracking software and other appropriate means to track, measure and report site activities, and identifies and resolves site content problems that may emerge from these results. Also establishes and uses reliable, cost-effective methods to gather and assess usability and client feedback, and ensures that appropriate changes are implemented.
- Oversees search engine optimization
- Maintain the university’s Google Analytics account as well as other web analytic packages. Will provide strategic direction in order to make data-driven decisions, and prioritize content and resources.
- Works with Web Support, Web design manager, marketing managers and client site coordinators to organize, create and implement site content redesign and/or development and delivery.
- Provides sound marketing communication direction to ensure efficient and effective sites that align with client/university strategic goals and branding standards
- Evaluates, organizes and revises/develops client site content, and ensures implementation within approved university template and design standards.
- Writes, edits or develops new content.
- Collaborates with Web designer to advise on effective and/or enhanced site design, navigation, architecture and maintenance of brand consistency.
- Ensures timely completion of site content projects; and completes other related project management duties, as needed.
- Serves as a resource for client site coordinators to advise on content, implementation of university Web standards, etc.; Will lead a new Site Coordinators Council to educate on Web issues, solves content problems and builds commitment university-wide to ensure the highest and best use of the website. Conducts seminars for university audiences on best use of web to achieve strategy. Advises departments on use of web and internet to achieve communication and relationship goals.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing or related area, supplemented with 3-7 or more years in marketing/editorial environment with a significant focus on Web content to accomplish strategic business and marketing goals.
- Strong background in strategic marketing initiatives with a specific focus on assessment of web analytics, resource allocation and sound information architecture construction.
- Hands-on experience in writing, researching and editing Web content, especially for multiple sites across a large, complex organization.
- Project management experience in redesigning and/or creating new Web content, with demonstrated success in integrating Web content with effective application of marketing, business or other strategic principles.
- Must have proven track record in meeting project deadlines and working within approved budgets.
- Superior writing skills, including proven ability to write for various audiences and styles; excellent verbal communication, and successful client-service and team-participation abilities.
- Ability to multitask and get things done while working in collaborative, consensus-focused organizations.