Website Marketing Manager
This role is a 3 month contract that can potentially lead to a permanent role. It sits within the UK Marketing Team of a major financial firm, and reports directly into the Head of Website & Mobile.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Website & Mobile and the Head of Internet Services (IT) as well as stakeholders from across the business and agency partners, and they will be responsible for the day to day management of the flagship website.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Set the website priorities and manage their delivery
- Use key consumer insights to design the website to enhance the customer journey with new functionality and strong communications
- Work closely with the business analysts to test the impact of website enhancements
- Monitoring and reporting on website performance
2. Optimise product innovations on the website
- Deliver new credit cards to market by effectively showcasing them on the website
- Increase customer conversion through targeted products and communications
3. Support multi-channel campaigns by ensuring website integration
- Work with the digital creative agency to support campaigns using innovative creative solutions
- Work closely with the online advertising team to deliver an integrated approach
- Ensure integration with above the line activities whilst ensuring relevance to the online audience
4. Partner with the Web producer to deliver on customer needs
- Working with IT to marry both the customer needs and the technology to ensure we drive and convert traffic efficiently
5. Be an expert in understanding online customers by keeping up with industry developments and trends
- Use knowledge of the market to feed into strategy and identify new opportunities for the website
- Commission research to provide insights into web usability and ensure understanding of the flagship website
5. Champion processes within the team to ensure a well managed organisation
- Work with the project delivery team to help shape processes within the team
- Ensure all processes are followed and evidenced accordingly
We need a hard-working specialist with a proven track record in website marketing. The successful candidate will be experienced in managing design agencies within an ecommerce or transactional environment, user experience design, information architecture or website management (gained agency or client side).
The ideal candidate must have:
• Strong experience in the field of internet marketing, ideally in retail or travel.
• Excellent project management and organisational skills with the ability to work concurrently on multiple projects
• Experience in managing both small and large scale change with an obsessive attention to detail
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, an eye for detail and an analytical mind.
• Work cross functionally and build strong relationships both internally and externally.
• A passion for web design, user experience, web optimisation, SEO and internet marketing in general, and keep abreast of new web technologies and advances in web design and identify opportunities to apply these.
• An understanding of the relationship between usability and conversion performance
• An understanding of technical constraints, and how these impact site functionality
Ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate good level of expertise and knowledge in the following;
• Basic web development understanding e.g. HTML, CSS.
• Understand how search engines and websites work.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Aware of website conversion enhancement and usability best practice.
• Know how to conduct online competitor analysis and research.
• Have a strong understanding of SEO, including keyword research, link building, online PR, site build and social media.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Website Marketing Manager