Web Video Producer/Writer
Large media company is looking for a talented Web Video Producer/Writer who will be responsible for working with Editorial and Video teams to produce high-quality, timely and innovative video and text content.
2+ year experience in writing, producing, and/or editing in News or Internet related field including the ability to perform in a high-volume, multi-task/deadline oriented environment and fluency with word processing software is highly desired.
Also, ability to make good, quick editorial decisions on video clip selection.
Familiarity with content management systems or the ability to quickly learn new systems a plus.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed, including mornings, evenings, and/or weekends when necessary.
• Display smart news judgment and awareness of how to write compelling headlines and summarize videos to draw Internet viewers.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong Writing Skills
• BA in related field desired
• 2+ years of experience at large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
• Web and Web video production experience, along with working knowledge of Web content management systems (CMS) a strong plus.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred.
• Knowledge of television production process helpful
• Familiarity with all areas of web and multimedia production and design including, but not limited to HTML, DHTML, Photoshop, Flash, web A/V digitizing, editing and encoding techniques
• Able to operate DSLR cameras and use lighting equipment
• Experience with Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere editing software
• Solid understanding of web standards, design and usability, and common web and application architectures
• Ability to work under deadline pressure and multitask as needed based on different project reqiurements
• Passion for news programming and the underlying technologies behind video and websites.
Specific Responsibilities: • Day-to-day publishing of numerous videos on a quick turnaround basis • Work side-by-side with CNBC.com video editors to rapidly turn around clips for CNBC.com. • Ability to watch news interviews and identify key elements for video descriptions and roundups, generate copy, and add relevant video clips. • Help to develop innovative ideas and new concepts for video story telling. • Collaborate with TV producers to expand the brand and video content on the website, and create compelling new ways to present. • Knowledge of both web and television production preferred. Familiarity with live streaming technology desired. • Produce original video content including (but not limited to) day-of stories and weekly video franchises
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Web Video Producer/Writer