The Web Services Manager is a key role in the client’s Central Marketing group, and plays a critical role in the execution of the external website strategy, maintenance and evolution of client's website and other client-facing web properties. This candidate must possess a high-level of energy and a passion for collaboration as they work closely with agencies, partners and internal stakeholders to ensure client’s web properties are primed for demand generation and an optimal user experience.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of competency in Content Management System (CMS) platforms, web metrics, SEO, user experience and web content strategy.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the performance, infrastructure updates, user experience and content optimization for all Blackboard client-facing, revenue-related web properties including the corporate website and all associated micro-sites, landing pages, and related interactive communications.
- Develop, analyze and report ongoing measurements to gauge site performance, and provide continual optimization strategies, insights or other recommendations to improve website usability and drive optimal results.
- Serve as a central point of contact and execution for all technical CMS updates, web maintenance and web marketing requests and perform quality assurance and acceptance testing on web application development projects.
- Audit and maintain the accessibility compliance of all CMS templates and components.
- Create low-fidelity UX plans and recommend information architecture improvements.
- Develop business requirements and functional specifications testing and optimization scenarios to determine the best use of web graphics, content, and materials.
- Develop and conduct training for internal resources sharing in the content edits and updates performed in the CMS.
- Responsible for approval of content edits and updates performed in the CMS to ensure alignment with overall website strategy.
- Develop and implement testing scenarios to determine the optimal use of content to drive desired results.
- Provide overflow support to email production teams as required.
- Minimum of 3-6 years of web marketing and/or web content management experience.
- A solid understanding of information architecture, website usability, audience segmentation, web governance, WCAG 2.0 accessibility compliance.
- Demonstrated experience working within enterprise or open-source web content management platforms, such as Wordpress, Drupal, Adobe CQ, SDL Tridion or Sitecore.
- Proven experience with web usability best practices, wireframes and Information Architecture.
- Proven experience with A/B testing and website optimization tools such as Optimizley.
- Proficient with the use of web metrics tools, primarily Google Analytics, and website tag managers.
- Solid understanding of the role of analytics data and how it can inform optimization in web content strategy and web usability.
- Knowledgeable of SEO best-practices and organic search reporting and research tools such as Authority Labs, MOZ, etc.
- Basic knowledge of website version control and source code repositories.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized with strong time-management skills enabling the simultaneous management of multiple time-sensitive assignments, attention to detail and quality assurance.
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple time-sensitive assignments simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design programs
- B to B Marketing experience
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as Domo
- Education industry experience desirable