Web Project Manager
The position is responsible for project management and support of day-to-day web activities for all business areas within the organization. The position serves as the technical point of contact for staff and members, including website maintenance, enhancements and developments. The position also provides tactical support to the Director, Web Communications in maintaining and enhancing online initiatives, as well as building a robust online program. The position works closely with the Manager, Web Communications and reports directly to the Director, Web Communications.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages web programs and services through best practices with the support of technical vendors.
• Assists in planning both short- and long-term strategic objectives for internet programs.
• Manages web vendors and projects within defined requirements (i.e., scope, quality, time, and cost).
• Applies proven communication and problem-solving skills to conduct stakeholder interviews/gather requirements and assist user groups on issues related to web usability, design, development, and deployment.
• Create member extranet training materials and conduct training sessions with users.
• Partners with IT to ensure data integrity and audit reporting to monitor the effectiveness of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases and accuracy of the data quality and ensure compliance in supporting extranet requirements.
• Serves as liaison with IT staff that provides SharePoint, CRM and Domain Name Server (DNS) services.
• Provides project-related reporting including status reports, project diagrams, and presentations to communicate status to Director, Web Communications and project stakeholders/owners.
Required Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field of study.
• Five years of web project management experience in website and web-based application design, development, and maintenance.
• Must demonstrate knowledge of Ektron CMS platform.
• Must be able to facilitate, prioritize and manage multiple issues, projects, information requests, and deployment schedules.
• Knowledge and understanding of Internet architecture, technologies and applications, including but not limited to, HTML, FTP, Web Browsers, CSS, Flash, CMS, SharePoint, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Content Management Systems, WordPress, and streaming media.
• Knowledge of web standards, usability practices, current browser technology, relational databases design concepts, and data management.
• Strong communications skills with the ability to communicate ideas verbally and in writing as well as experience in translating technical concepts for non-technical people.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Web Project Manager