In that capacity the Web Producer acts as a programmer, project manager and customer service expert. He or she toggles between multiple workstreams of in-flight tasks that are in different stages of production, gathers requirements and context directly from sponsors, coordinates with design and editorial department (who ensure the change meets the organization’s quality standards) and functions as overall point person for Web site customer inquiries as he or she shepherds a change request through the process of implementation.
Besides implementing change requests, the Web Producer serves as a general advisor to departments and programs on effective Web solutions for content delivery, explaining the limitations of different platforms and offers insight on the best possible vector for implementation. He or she performs QA of assigned work, identifying potential mistakes and advising different departments and teams when problems may arise during the implementation process.
This position requires a well-rounded professional who feels comfortable with front-end web interfaces and can write custom markup, is able to multi-task multiple assigned tickets with ease, is deadline-oriented, can adapt quickly to changing priorities, and can work well with staff at all levels.
The ideal candidate will combine front-end web production and development experience with strong project management skills with a client-facing focus as well as a knowledgeable passion for delivering innovative, high-quality web interface solutions.
Successful candidates will have a deep understanding of and passion for the Web, and comprehensive knowledge of Web development practices, and a track record of delivering front-end components for a complex web environment..
• Implements Web site change requests in Content Management Systems like Drupal and Vignette or flat HTML.
• Diagnoses Web site errors or Content Management problems and offers potential solutions.
• Works closely with a cross-functional team (product and project management, marketing, editorial staff and development teams) to implement state-of-the-art online solutions.
• Manages project requirements, schedules, and instructions for the creative team. Develops project plans, scope and requirement documents, and tracks artifacts.
• Effectively anticipates problems with implementing a change request on a Web site and proactively generates and analyzes solutions or alternatives. Contributes to the overall quality of the unit's deliverables by ensuring change requests are implemented in a timely and standard-compliant manner.
• Responsible for understanding, evaluating and providing constructive feedback and guidance to fine-tune web content requests from program and department staff. Translates business needs of the organization's programs into innovative and focused web solutions.
• Helps document Content Management best practices as well as special workarounds or idiosyncrasies that arise in different implementations.
• Follows established coding standards and other group procedures, especially in regards to accessibility (WACAG), responsiveness (mobile-friendly) and scripting (JS).
• Coordinates with project management and site management teams to ensure projects launch successfully, proactively raising potential risks to delivery dates.
• Acts as production lead on multiple small- to mid-sized projects as well as larger-scale projects with significant editorial or production components.
• Coordinates with other producers and Site Managers, as well as creative, IA, front end, and content management staff to insure that projects, necessary assets and materials are delivered or created to complete projects on time and on budget.
• Communicates regularly with multiple business contacts across the organization to ensure site content stays up to date and accurate.
• Coordinates with editors to ensure consistency in style, tone and quality of work.
• Helps hone the process for capturing requests, prioritizing open items and tracking time spent.
• When appropriate, creates training documentation for site launches and conducts training sessions with program staff.
• Proactively collaborates with online marketing and analytics teams to ensure SEO best practices are implemented and preserved over a site’s lifetime.
Establish and maintain frequent communication with programs and units within the organization that provide source material for web publishing. Orients program staff, as needed, about web production guidelines, standards and procedures. Maintain contacts with staff in all other departments as required
Bachelor’s degree required.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
• Between 4-7 years’ experience working in enterprise-level Content Management software like Vignette, Drupal or others to implement Web site change requests
• Strong, demonstrated experience in project management. Experience in managing blended teams of internal and freelance staff.
• Experience troubleshooting multiple browser issues
• Experience with bug tracking tools like Jira
• Strong customer-service orientation, with an ability to clearly discern client needs.
• Ability to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously, with fast, flexible work style.
• Fun-loving and exceptional collaborator and team player who puts the success of the team and the organization first and who can work with ease among a diverse groups of people, skills, abilities, and perspectives.
• Fast, flexible, cooperative work style; ability to reprioritize at a moment's notice as team is still in process of development
• Familiarity with accessible markup and accessibility testing as well as cross-browser testing
• Experience with Quality Assurance
• Must be self-starter take charge individual who is able to work independently
• Experience with electronic image formats (TIFF, GIF, JPEG, and EPS), media formats (video, audio), rich media formats (Flash)
• Proven ability to deliver projects on time
If you're interested and available please share your resume, summary with relevant work experience and hourly rate expectations at your earliest convenience. Thank you!
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs