These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?

Find JobsFind Jobs

Web Operations Analyst (7146-1 )

0 people like this description

Our Web Operation Analyst, Change/Service Management role has primary responsibility for day-to-day service management functions including 
• Identification, impact assessment and communication of technology changes impacting Digital capabilities (Change Management) 
• Audit and maintenance of underlying data to support service management roles, responsibilities and routing (Configuration and Workgroup Management) 
• Relationship management across the enterprise (Service Management) 

Possible job titles: Change manager, process manager, process owner, change manager subject manager expert, business analyst 

Selling points: Someone who can develop a level of commitment to what they are trying to do. Someone who cares about delivering a positive experience to our customers 


Position Overview: 

Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for: 
• This role requires availability and monitoring of queues between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m Central Time; and infrequent execution outside of core business hours via on-call. 
• Operational tasks account for 70% of working hours, with initiatives and administrative tasks occupying the remaining 30%. 
• Demand increases significantly in the months before and after the critical holiday period in October, November and December each year. The work becomes more challenging during the change freeze period, although change volume decreases. 
• Individuals in this role can execute primary responsibilities under minimal supervision with 80% confidence within 3 months. 
• Confidence increases to 95% within 1 year. 
• The manager provides support, escalation management and coverage as there is only one resource assigned a staff position on the team. 



Skills Overview: 
What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate? 
- 3- 5 years of experience of service management 
- IT or ITIL change management and configuration management (incident and problem management, attempts to manage the risk and prevent incidents or problems we are familiar with) 
- Knowledge of CAB—Change Advisory Board, a cross functional body that reviews risk assessments 
- Experience working in large environments with many moving pieces 
- Ability to work independently within a large team environment 
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills 
- Prior experience in a fast-paced environment 
- Demonstrated history effectively managing changes 

Preferred Qualifications: 
- Prior experience with ITSM tools (ServiceNow, Remedy, etc) 
- Ingrained agile and devops culture 
- Strong software development lifecycle experience 
- Prior experience with development/scripting (perl, python, ruby, java) –would be helpful but not required 
- Familiarity with build and deploy lifecycle for web applications 
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills, and technical troubleshooting skills 
- Strong knowledge of SOX and PCI 
- ITIL Certification 
What are the technologies and the depth of the technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role? 
- ServiceNow experience is preferred, but need the process change management experience 
- Microsoft Excel and Outlook 
- Atlassian products (Jira) 
What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role? 
1. Well Organized 
2. Strong Communication Skills 
3. Strong relationship builder—Very important, need a strong BBY culture fit. 
4. Flexible and resilient 
Please provide three industries that would produce fitting candidates: 
1. Retail 
2. Experience in a dotcom environment 

These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?

Find JobsFind Jobs