The Web Developer is responsible for engineering, design, implementation and maintenance of customer facing content, including electronic marketing, interactive applications and content management systems. Leveraging accepted best practices and latest tech concepts to test, enhance and improve responsive design and the user experience. Collaborate with other departments to clarify, interpret and implement creative concepts on the web that accurately, consistently and robustly address the overall business objectives. The Web Developer is responsible for updating, testing, debugging new and existing web applications as well as performance tuning and optimization of current web systems.
* Design, develop and maintain original front-end and back-end applications to display, edit and exchange data with user interfaces
* Maintain, update and support existing web site environments, including monitoring, deploying and troubleshooting site content
* Develop tools that improve team workflow, processes and workflow
* Diagnose and resolve issues affecting site content, performance and optimization
* Research current and emerging technologies, advise and consult with design & UX teams for optimal solutions involving the implementation of web projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Minimum of 2-5 years relevant experience in technology
* Strong front-end web development skills -- HTML/CSS/JS -- and common frameworks, e.g. SCSS, jQuery, Bootstrap, etc. Experience with Laravel a major plus
* Significant professional web development experience both client and server side web programming in a commercial environment
* Experience developing for business-to-business and corporate marketing programs
* Solid understanding of website structure and the relationship between SEO, content, user interfaces and technology including Autonomy, AngularJS, MySQL, WordPress, Git, etc
* Experience with website localization and familiarity of non-English website practices
* Adept at commercial internet/web tools and protocols
* General knowledge of web server environments, file structure, content and asset management, deployment conventions, methods and configuration parameters
Team: 8 developers on marketing team and 1 Project Manager. Would be working closely with a Web Dev and Email Dev. Also working with UX team to start solving some design problems.
Team culture: Relaxed, pretty laid back. For example, team plays board games at lunch time. They do code reviews and hold each other accountable.