Our digital agency client in downtown Indianapolis is currently seeking a Web Developer / UX Designer to join their team on a temp to hire basis. This is NOT a "code jockey" type position. If you want to be part of an agency where your ideas and voice matter, check this position out!
The Web Developer will maintain client website hosting, infrastructure and design standards and carry out web development projects for agency clients. This includes internal and external facing sites. The Web Developer must have a solid understanding of User Interface/User Experience design, e-commerce and CMS platforms, mobile application development and integration, and hands-on front-end/back-end development.
- Provide guidance, suggestions and recommendations for internal and external facing web-based platforms
- Design and implement hosting structure
- Monitor scheduled database and application backups
- Define and Adhere to design patterns and code standards
- Work directly with clients and internal teams to shape ideas and create prototypes
- Design beautiful, clear interfaces for our clients' iOS, Android, and web apps
- Deliver rapid prototypes with impeccable user experience/interactions
- Maintain the web infrastructure for high availability of critical operations
- Develop new user-facing responsive web features with a mobile first mindset
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Perform continuous web site improvements and optimizations
- Review, evaluate, analyze and modify existing programming as necessary
- Maintain compliance requirements
- Work collaboratively with other teams on projects to improve and enhance websites.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline OR High school diploma or its equivalent and technical certifications required.
- Two or more years of relevant and applicable experience, preferably in an agency setting