We’re looking for a highly motivated, self-starter with a passion for web development to join our client’s web team, a AAA game development studio located in downtown Vancouver, Canada. They are the official home of a world-renowned video game franchise, and their objective is to push the limits on entertainment platforms and devices. The team is comprised of deep creative and technical expertise from the industry’s top shooter and action titles, working cohesively to delight the fan base and shatter expectations of what is possible. This developer will be responsible for transforming wireframes and mock-ups into HTML for modern desktop and mobile web browsers. They will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, as the role is on a small and close-knit development team comprised of production, design, engineering and quality assurance.
• Translate design mock-ups into functional & optimal code to create a polished FE.
• Provide input and suggestions on where the mock-ups or the website can be improved with animations, transitions, and other visual improvements.
• Work with project leads to design, implement and support reliable, secure, and scalable code in support of consumer-facing website.
• Primarily responsible for the visual FE.
• Implement, release and provide ongoing live support.
• Make architectural recommendations for performance, stability and security.
• Analyze feature designs and devise technical solutions.
• Assist with planning, estimation and distribution of work.
• Experience working with both front and back-end web development, but must have excellent front-end skills.
• Experience building responsive web applications
• Comfortable transforming wireframe UX design and visual targets into a functional and efficient web experience across multiple browsers.
• Experience working with and researching new front-end frameworks (Bootstrap, React, AngularJS, etc.)
• Experience working with CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS, etc.)
• Comfortable working with ajax.
• Working knowledge of MVC Web Server programming languages and frameworks.
• Experience using source control. (Perforce, SVN, git, TFS, etc.)
• Comfortable helping to develop new projects, as well working with our design team on improving the look and feel of existing projects.
• Have a passion for problem solving.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, a must.
• Experience with Cloud Services, Azure, ASP.Net MVC, HTTPS