Are you a freelance web designer who loves the freedom of picking and choosing your next projects or client? If you love having that flexibility but maybe miss some of that team collaboration or having access to a steady paycheck, then I have a perfect opportunity for you!
We are working with an awesome new client, who was voted as one of Baltimore’s best places to work! They are seeking a part-time Web Designer who can (ideally) come into their office and work with their team. To fit the culture, you'll need to be open to clear communication, consistent collaboration (from sketching to slacking), and willing to ask the right questions! You’ll need to be highly organized and driven by a strong work ethic. Do you spread positive vibes and love to help others? Are you ready to ask for advice or help from other team members? Do you have a love for challenging design assignments that vary from dynamic product development to lead-generation-focused websites? Are you energized by an active work environment?
Requirements & Job Functions:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design preferred, not required with acquired experience.
- 3 to 7 years of graphic design work experience in web and/or mobile design, as well as print (minimum of 3 years experience working on digital designs: web, mobile, etc).
- Live Portfolio Website: (Project types preferred: Responsive web design, print design, branding and logo design, mobile app design).
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Cloud and other digital design programs, such as Sketch.
- Familiar with creating designs for Content Management Systems, like WordPress and Drupal, and/or for mobile applications on iOS and Android.
- Understanding of Bootstrap and other website frameworks, and how they shape a digital design approach.
- Proficient with Google Suite and familiar with project management software, such as Basecamp.
- Must have a detail-oriented and organized production process.
- InVision experience is a plus.
- Execute and deliver high quality design based on client goals and contemporary design concepts.
- Complete assigned creative milestones on time and with a strong understanding of the project guidelines.
- Manage time and tasks to ensure design production is executed effectively within the time frame expectation.
- Collaborate with project team members and design leads to ensure creative direction is carried through a project lifecycle, from concept to product launch to client hand off.
- Follow creative processes and recommend advancements or tools where relevant.
- Apply creative problem solving skills to assist in defining the concept and approach to any design challenge.
- Clearly communicate questions or ideas to help the creative process.
- Take input, critique, and advice from client and team to move a project forward.
- Contribute to a positive, creative, and supportive atmosphere.