Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to leading coffee company success by creating and developing the graphics and site design for the retail and non-retail training programs. Models and acts in accordance with company's guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Designs graphics for the Starbucks digital learning platforms and related training design efforts. Responsible for all graphic enhancements and other elements of the digital training experience. Develops more complex designs.
- Interfaces with Human Resources partners to ensure designs fit the technological specification of the platform(s) for a quality end-user experience.
- Takes creative guidance from design leadership and consults with learning team to ensure the Starbucks brand is properly represented throughout training programs.
- Provides assistance to learning team in establishing visual, navigational and commercial web standards related to the platform's performance and presentation.
Summary of Experience
- Web Design - 4 years
- Graphic Design - 1 year
- HTML / CSS - 1 year
Basic qualifications for this role are:
- Ability to work in an agile development environment
- Strong understanding of Responsive Web Design best practices
- Ability to work with design leadership to understand and implement a creative vision across multiple mediums
- Ability to work with a UX Designer to create high-fidelity wireframes and design mockups
- Ability to work with a Front End Developer to deliver production ready design assets for implementation
- Strong understanding of Typography techniques and best practices for web
- Understanding of Print Design practices
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced / Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Attention to detail
- Ability to organize work and manage time
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to provide creative guidance to others
- Seeks continuous improvement
- Delivers legendary service that meets and exceeds all customers' expectations
Ethics and Integrity
- Adheres to Starbucks values, beliefs and principles during good and bad times
- Remains calm, maintains perspective and responds in a professional manner when faced with tough situations
- Takes personal responsibility for the continuous learning of new knowledge, skills and experiences
Dealing with Ambiguity
- Able to successfully function during times of uncertainty and changing priorities
- Makes timely and quality decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Job Summary and Mission