Start Date: ASAP
Looking for an entry-level Web Designer with 2-4 years experience.
Produce collateral (web and print) that effectively facilitates sales promotional efforts, positions each product/service in its relative market, appropriately services the customers, and ultimately increases revenues.
We are looking for an individual to design static web pages and emails, develop dynamic web pages, and maintain existing websites. Skills in print design including layout of brochures, direct mail, and space advertising is strongly preferred.
• Four year degree required, preferably in the field of communications, computerized graphic arts, marketing, or internet technology.
• Strong experience in web and print.
• Proficiency with graphic software (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) in a PC environment.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to work in a fast paced office environment. Some travel required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to visually proof documents. Some light lifting required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
I. General Management:
• Manage the design, layout and update of marketing support materials (web and print).
• Demonstrate high level of creativity and respect for deadlines
• Maintain company's brand image.
• Assist Art Director setting up goals.
• Maintain understanding of all markets, products and services offered by the company.
• Work collaboratively with Creative Managers.
• Maintain working knowledge of and properly archive pictures in the picture gallery.
• Maintain proficiency level of programming languages for web development.
• Maintain proficiency level for the use of graphic software.
II. Marketing Support
• Assist with the creation, formulation and implementation of web driven marketing strategy.
• Develop, design and plan for web pages.
• Programming front end and back end functionality, integration of data and content, and maintaining server side technologies.
• Follow scheduling established of web site projects.
• Assist in the development of the web site strategy.
• Assist in the upkeep and development of the websites.
• Abide by industry standards for maximum efficiency.
• Work with and assist Art Director in implementation of new technology.
• Maintain superior skill levels in the field of graphic design.
• Follow scheduling established for the graphic group.
• Create a strong balance between quality, cost, service and added-value.
• Work closely with members of the graphic group in order to timely and efficiently generate printed collateral.
• Keep graphic files current and available at all times.
• Set-up files properly for quick and easy delivery to printers.
• Remain attentive to details at the proofing stages.
III. Team Work:
• Participate in the development of the annual marketing budget, goals, strategies and objectives.
• Participate and be on time for all marketing meetings.
• Participate in the review of drafts to meet and exceed our goal to appear as the premier destination provider for student travel.
• Generate post-production reports.
• Assist with special team and corporate projects outside of normal duties when needed.
1. Assist Art Director in all assignments, as requested, making sure that the marketing team has the proper resources and support.
2. Serve on committees as requested.
3. Additional responsibilities may be assigned.
Standard Department Member Responsibilities:
1. Facilitate and/or perform training of staff members as requested.
2. Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation.
3. Foster communication within the department, with other departments and with management.
4. Maintain knowledge of company policies and procedures so as to serve as an effective staff member.
5. Support company policies and management decisions with a sense of urgency and professionalism.
6. Seek out and participate in internal and external programs that facilitate personal and professional growth.
7. Identify and discuss personal and professional growth goals with the Art Director.
8. Write and deliver self-performance appraisal to the Art Director on an annual basis.