• Provide merchandising/marketing support for entire store site: develop HTML-based email templates, work closely with merchandising team and external email vendor for broadcast campaigns and XML-triggered transactional messages; create landing pages and store banner images.
• Assist in the preparation of concept documents & interaction design wireframes/mock-ups.
• Proactively address client requirements (using creative brief or other marketing requirements documents) to prototype and demonstrate possible interactive products. Develop consensus with client team toward final solution.
• Provide recommendations to client and colleagues on industry best practices and new trends in web experience.
• Provide deliverables on schedule as per agreed upon due dates.
• Necessary Design Skills:
o Expert Adobe Photoshop
o Color Correction
o Image Construction / Manipulation / Restoration
o Understanding 72 DPI RGB vs. 300 DPI CMYK
o Image optimization for web
o Portfolio should contain a wide range of web samples, some print samples, and strong typography.
o High attention to detail
• Necessary Development Skills:
o Expert in HTML and CSS
o Cross Browser Compatibility / QA Testing (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE)
o FTP / Web Publishing
o SEO best practices
o Understanding of dynamic vs static web content
o Firebug or the other web site debugging tools
• Other Skills:
o MS Word, Excel
o Notepad++ / Komodo Edit / other text editor
o Copywriting (To assist Marketing with proofreading and revising short copy.)
o Ability to prioritize and perform multiple projects at various stages of completion.
• Major Pluses:
o Web design for mobile platform like iOS / Android
o Adobe InDesign
Education and Experience
• Education or experience equivalent to a degree in computer science, design or other related field, preferably from accredited university (BFA, MFA Preferred).
• 5 years, or more, of experience with a design or web development position.
• Any combination of experience and training that demonstrates possession of specific job skills.
• A demonstrable portfolio of prior websites and/or code samples.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs