Looking for a Web/UX Designer to help contribute to the user experience of consumer application. This is an onsite role in Costa Mesa, 40 hours a week through March, potentially to continue beyond that.
Responsible for the designs and constructs of web pages/sites incorporating graphic user interface (GUI) features and other techniques. They will maintain and provide ongoing design of the website, promos and ad banners, seasonal content specials and custom chat launcher design for partners. May require a bachelor's degree in a related area and 5-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
MUST HAVE Portfolio samples showcasing wireframes, prototypes, etc. through to the final concepts.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define and build user interfaces for consumer-facing web applications
- Translate design mockups into working HTML and CSS code
- Create design specifications and standards in the form of user journeys, storyboards, process flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Effectively communicate proposed ideas to internal stakeholders and clients
- Participate as an Agile development team member by attending daily stand-ups, sprint demos, and release planning meetings
MUST HAVE Qualifications:
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience designing consumer-oriented user interfaces
- Expert-level knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience with current web-design trends including responsive
- Knowledge of UX design principles and deliverables
- Experience with Adobe CS and other tools suchas Mockplus, Invision, and Proto.io
- Ability to prioritize and complete projects with little supervision
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented attitude