We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in customer-facing communications and web content management.
The Marketing – Subject Matter Expert (SME) will be responsible for writing, editing, and proofreading online content as well as ensuring that it meets established content standards. Additionally, the Marketing SME will be responsible for crafting site promotions, email newsletters, and online outreach campaigns.
This position will report directly to the Sr Director of IT BIO Channel Marketing. S/he will work closely with other members of the Channel Marketing (CM) Team as well as service teams and service support functions in the larger IT organization – so strong communication skills are needed. The ability to be successful in the role relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is welcomed and expected.
• Develop, copy, edit, and proofread web content
• Assist with the creation and maintenance of website content, including service pages and landing pages
• Conduct interviews with internal stakeholders to extract pertinent information and develop engaging content
• Assist and collaborate on various marketing/communications projects
• Write customer-facing content for: site promotions, email newsletters, and other online outreach campaigns
• Research and write engaging content to be used in the form of videos, webinars, infographics, etc.
• Understand and adhere to brand/product-specific standards for content including tone, voice, and style
• Participate in content brainstorming sessions with IHQ stakeholders and contributors
• Collaborate with IHQ creative team to incorporate effective web design
• Develop and maintain a master content calendar for IHQ
• Complete other communications activities as assigned
• High School Diploma/GED Required. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
• A minimum of 7 years of experience in communications environment, including intensive project communications support and content development
• Experience in change leadership and change communications
• Demonstrated professional-level writing and editing skills for Web and traditional media
• Graphic design experience
• Web publishing experience (CMS) and HTML, CSS a plus
• Superior collaboration skills for working in a complex, non-hierarchical organizational structure
• Able to respond to emerging issues and crises
• Recent experience in planning and implementing stakeholder engagement plans and internal communications campaigns for a large, complex organization, agency and health care background required, with track record of increasing responsibility
• Must have strong communication and planning skills, be a detail oriented, well organized, problem solving/analytical, self-directed, team focused, and results oriented individual
• Excellent presentation and PowerPoint skills
• Self-motivation: You can figure it out and get it done
• Strong verbal comms skills: ability to articulate your creative process, thoughts and ideas
• Creative thinker: Ability to translate marketing objectives into effective and compelling marketing copy
• Excellent interpersonal skills: positive attitude, sense of humor and ability to thrive in a collaborative environment with multiple teams
• Deadline-driven: experience working on multiple projects at the same time (including organizing and prioritizing workload and working efficiently under deadline-driven pressure)
• Details oriented: a devotion to accuracy and proper grammar
• Passion for learning: a commitment to keep up with the latest industry trends in both communications and digital marketing
• Current on technology, digital trends and best practices: proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe InDesign, Word Press, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices