• Contract to start ASAP (most likely September)
• Contract will be until 30th June 2017
CV Submission Deadline is Wednesday 3rd August @ 2.00pm
Web Content Manager, Digital Channels team
The Web Content Manager within the Digital Channels team will work alongside other Digital team members and colleagues across the marketing organisation to manage content, optimise engagement and improve channel health, in order to deliver on agreed business outcomes.
Responsibilities will range from day to day operational management through to being an active v-team member of integrated marketing campaigns. Operating within the global web framework, the successful candidate will ensure that relevant content is featured on our properties in a timely manner, that it is effectively promoted through other owned and operated channels, and that its positioning and usage is measured and optimised. They will use data from site analytics to understand usage and onsite customer journeys, and combine this data with knowledge of industry best practice to create actionable insights that drive ongoing improvements and deliver on business objectives.
The role requires a proactive individual with the confidence to debate and share ideas and the personal drive to identify opportunities and generate change. It would suit somebody who is keen to get involved and use this opportunity to build a career in digital marketing.
Responsibilities will include:
• Managing day-to-day website operational tasks – be the central point of contact for any global content approvals and site updates, raise and manage all site update requests, filter production requests to ensure that they align to overall strategy, manage site issue escalations and resolutions in partnership with technical teams. (Note that content updates are executed via off-shore technical teams, the web content manager will need to request and manage these updates but will not be responsible for direct implementation).
• Partnering with the product marketing teams to understand business objectives and help translate these into digital marketing metrics. Identifying ways of using our digital properties to achieve agreed business outcomes, centred on customer acquisition, engagement and retention. Making content and website improvement recommendations to support this based on data insights and industry best practice.
• Working closely together with our Social Media Community Managers and Performance Media managers to ensure a strong connection with paid and earned channels, such that they complement each other and deliver a connected customer experience that drives reach and engagement across all our channels.
• Working together with our technical and design leads to identify opportunities to improve site performance, and managing the implementation of recommendations.
• Partnering with global teams who manage the overall digital strategy to share local best practice and proactively influence site development.
• Monitoring overall site health and performance, and providing a regular view of this, with insights and recommendations for improvement, to stakeholders.
Skills and experience:
• A passion for digital and content marketing and demonstrated experience of how this can be used to drive measurable business outcomes.
• Good knowledge of SEO and web optimisation.
• Ability to understand and map on- and offsite customer journeys.
• Ability to build positive working relationships and work within and across multiple teams and with a range of stakeholders in order to deliver on shared goals, liaising between technical, creative and business teams.
• Ability to review, interpret and visually represent data and align it to business objectives.
• Understanding of marketing automation systems desirable.
• Knowledge of YouTube channel management and best practice an advantage.
• Able to bring new ideas and proposals to execute via our owned and operated digital channels and to provide valued input into marketing plans.
• Resourcefulness, proactive approach and can-do attitude – must be a self-starter who can identify opportunities and see them through to completion.
• Good creative judgment – ability to express opinion with objectivity.
• Sharp eye for detail, and a care / passion for their work.
• Multi-tasker, able to juggle a number of tasks.
• Reliable, and able to deliver against timely deadlines.
• Ability to cope with periods of high pressure whilst retaining a measured and rational approach.
Team/ Department Mission
The UK team is responsible for delivering B2C & B2B marketing programs in the UK in order to drive key marketing goals to meet our overall business objectives and UK country requirements for the Corp.
We manage a significant number of global super brands including Software/Devices and Operating Systems – one of the most exciting brand portfolios available to any marketer.
The team aspires to best-practice marketing, in pursuit of world-class status – through innovative campaigns, ground-breaking creativity, rigorous results analysis, and thorough consumer insight. We are a multi-award winning team receiving ongoing recognition from the industry, with a successful track record in innovation & creativity.
The Performance Marketing team is part of the wider Digital team within UK. It also encompasses Social Media, CRM, Analytics and Digital Channels. We work closely with the Marketing Communications and product teams within marketing to build integrated marketing campaigns and deliver ongoing customer communications and relationship programs across all sectors of the organisation. We strive to combine digital innovation and marketing best practice in order to deliver on measurable business outcomes.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
• Contract to start ASAP (most likely September)