Our client a leading Education and Publishing company is looking for a Database Design/Analysis and Administration analyst to be based out of their Boston office or can work Remotely.
- Designs, implements and maintains all functions of database system, including access, methods and time, device allocations, performance monitoring and tuning, validation checks, organization, security, documentation, and statistical methodology.
- Analyzes current business practices, processes and procedures, and identifies future business opportunities for leveraging data storage and retrieval system capabilities.
- Monitors overall standards and procedures and assists in the integration of various systems through the database system.
- Consults with users, determines applications development requirements, and provides recommendations on database establishment and utilization.
The Web Content Analyst works closely with the Web Content Manager and the web team, maintaining and analyzing content for internal and external websites/web based applications associated with the company.
Responsibilities include :
- Participating in projects to enhance the Product Marketing Database and website ecoystem, including requirements gathering, documentation, reporting, content entry and testing. Providing daily system support to the many systems needed to create the above mentioned websites/applications.
- The Internet Marketing Content Analyst follows the lead of the Web Content Manager, but has the expertise to work independently.
- Must have a strong understanding of Microsoft software, Google platform applications, strong SQL knowledge and online data management applications.
- Experience with large data visualization.
- Must be comfortable with the technical aspects of a database and website.
- Must maintain excellent organizational, time management, and communications skills and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Create and maintain user access and permissions across the multiple systems used by the web team.
- Creation and maintenance of system documentation
- Analyze and assist in data integrity, implement Data Quality Assurance Methods and database cleanup efforts.
- Research, analysis, resolution and communication of day to day bugs and issues.
- Monitors and reports status of assignments, as part of efforts to maintain schedule to ensure that work is processed in a timely manner.
- Strives to produce innovative projects in quality, cost-effective manner within schedule constraints.
- Implements company and project procedures and standards. Promotes an attitude of teamwork and cooperation within the organization.
- Responsible for clear, concise, cohesive, communication across all staff areas as well as other internal and external departments.
Bachelor’s degree or Minimum 2 + years relevant experience in education related publishing or data management.
- Strong comfort working in online applications for data management.
- Basic understanding of the functionality used by a content management system.
- Excellent SQL query writing skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Software, including Excel, Access and Word.
- Experience with data visualization suites.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Understanding of educationally based publishing.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent visual/verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to monitor and maintain schedules.
- Ability to work in high pressure, multiple deadline atmosphere.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible, open to change, future oriented.