Must have a strong understanding of Microsoft software, basic SQL knowledge and online data management applications.
Must be comfortable with the technical aspects of a database and website.
Must maintain excellent organizational, time management, and communications skills and possess a strong attention to detail.
• Under direction of Web Content Manager and working closely with Web Content specialists, assists with updates and maintenance of the product database.
• Aid in projects to support all users and expand the Product Marketing Database, including requirements gathering, documentation, report extracts, content entry and testing.
• Ability to create ad hoc sql based reports to meet business needs.
• Create and maintain user access and permissions across the multiple systems used by the web team.
• Participate in test planning, test execution and installation of functionality for PMDB and other systems.
• Participate in test planning and execution as part of server migration for PMDB and other systems.
• Creation and maintenance of system documentation.
• Analyze and assist in data integrity, implement Data Quality Assurance Methods and database cleanup efforts.
• Research, analysis, resolution and communication of day to day bugs and issues.
• Monitors and reports status of assignments, as part of efforts to maintain schedule to ensure that work is processed in a timely manner.
• Strives to produce innovative projects in quality, cost-effective manner within schedule constraints.
• Implements company and project procedures and standards.
• Promotes an attitude of teamwork and cooperation within the organization.
• Responsible for clear, concise, cohesive, communication across all staff areas as well as other internal and external departments.
• Strong comfort working in online applications for data management.
• Basic understanding of the functionality used by a content management system.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Software, including Excel, Access and Word.
• Basic knowledge of SQL query writing
• Sharp analytical skills to assist with testing
• Understanding of educationally based publishing.
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent visual/verbal communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to monitor and maintain schedules.
• Ability to work in high pressure, multiple deadline atmosphere.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Flexible, open to change, future oriented.
Related work experience
Minimum 2 years experience
Formal education or equivalent
Bachelor’s degree in related field.
30% 1. Works on projects to support all users and expand the PMDB
15% 2. Develop and/or test functionality for PMDB and other web systems
15% 3. Maintain data integrity, including data clean up, for the database content
15% 4. Maintenance of the online product database content
15% 5. Create ad hoc reports to display content housed in PMDB, to meet business needs
5% 6. Create and maintain permissions for various web based systems
5% 7. All other responsibilities, as assigned by management
If interested please apply and include a paragraph on why you would be a good fit.