My client is seeking a temporary web content administrator to input, edit, maintain, and manage digital content that directly advances the client’s scientific and education mission. The ideal candidate has a combination of technical and project management skills to keep our websites updated, functional, easy to use, on-brand, and on-message. The successful candidate must possess the technical skills to work through creating, editing, updating, de-bugging, and enhancing webpages in a Drupal CMS, as well as the intrinsic motivation to keep functionality and content accurate and up-to-date across the entire site. Graphic design and video editing experience is a plus.
The web content administrator will:
- Manage content and support operations for client's websites
- Populate web pages with new and existing content, including text, documents, images, video, audio, and other material.
- Review and update sections of the website and assist others with site updates.
- Maintain web calendar of pages that need to be checked and updated to maintain accuracy of information.
- Evaluate content to ensure accuracy, functionality, consistency, and adherence to client’s editorial style guide and brand identity guidelines.
- Manipulate digital media, including photography, video, audio, and similar features to website specifications.
- Oversee removal of expired content.
- Test webpages to ensure compliance with web best practices, including functionality, mobile responsiveness, SEO, usability, and accessibility.
- Support in the management of accounts for analytics and performance monitoring tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Crazy Egg). Assist with creating and running reports.
- Troubleshoot site display and functionality issues.
- Keep content management system’s users, sitemaps, redirects, files, and taxonomies organized and up-to-date, and the website’s modules well-configured.
- Manage incoming email for the client's website, responding to inquiries and routing requests appropriately.
- Help with editing and managing photography, video, and other digital assets.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, web-development, or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years professional web technical maintenance experience desired.
- Technical Skills
- Proficiency in managing Web systems and applications, specifically content management systems (Drupal preferred).
- Fluency in HTML and CSS.
- Understanding of web standards and methods, including 508 compliance, SEO, usability and user experience.
- Experience in QA and testing of web sites, such as coming up with thorough test cases for brand new web projects, conducting the tests, and identifying and reporting resulting bugs.
- Familiarity with issue tracking systems, such as Jira.
- Basic graphic design and production skills, including the ability to manipulate and place digital media, including photography, video, and similar features.
- Graphic design skills, including working knowledge of Photoshop/Illustrator is a plus.
- Experience with web performance tools including Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Excellent project management skills, with the self-motivation to organize and prioritize incoming work so that projects (big and small) are delivered efficiently and on time.
- Video editing experience is a plus.