Our client, a globally known service-based franchiser, seeks a Web Communications Specialist to work part-time at their headquarters in Sorrento Valley. This is an extended contract. The Web Communications Specialist interprets and resolves creative challenges and creates digital assets in accordance to the company's digital visual style guidelines. He/She manages the site architecture and makes recommendations to improve the user experience. This position develops and uses the HTML style guide to ensure consistency and standards are followed (e.g., font size, color palette, spacing, etc.) across the site. He/She works with content owners or subject matter experts (SME) to identify outdated content and update the site accordingly.
• Checks quality of work and identifies corrections for each page before publishing changes to the live site to minimize display errors.
• Tests each page across multiple browsers and viewports to check for errors and ensure user interface (UI) code displays as expected.
• Reviews wireframes and Information Architecture to locate design context.
• Understands and applies web accessibility standards and best practices.
• Participates in Product Test (PT) and User Acceptance Test (UAT) testing to check for errors and ensure application teams correct in a timely manner.
• Reviews logged defects to determine validity and nature of display errors and works with application teams to resolve issues.
• Resolves HTML and CSS defects to ensure they meet HTML and CSS standards.