This position focuses not only on implementing software solutions for an e-commerce giant but also on being a role model to your fellow engineers. You will get to expand your skills in building highly scalable solutions while influencing others and raising the bar on the overall level of excellence within the team. You will also get the opportunity to serve as a domain expert in multi-functional feature delivery.
As a developer on this team, you will collaborate with other experienced software engineers to drive improvements to our technology, design and develop new services and software solutions, and build and track metrics to ensure high quality results. You will have the chance to work with business partners, leadership and other software developers, influence and drive product vision and lead the design of our systems.
• You will provide technical guidance to other team members, review work of peers and more junior developers.
• You will act as point of contact for technical issues for specific work streams within a project.
• You will implement product features working as part of multi-functional team using agile methodologies, work with Operations, Information Security, Release engineers and Product Owners
• You will drive ongoing improvements in application architecture to help build and design highly scalable enterprise applications
Required Skills and Experience
• Extraordinary coding skills in multiple languages (Java required)
• First class communication skills in written and verbal form
• Strong Object Oriented Programming concepts, data structure, algorithms, and system level programming (including multi-threaded programming)
• Critical thinker, expected to speak out and defend views.
• Experience delivering and supporting highly available and scalable solutions with large transaction volume
• In-depth understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and methodologies
• Be self-motivated with drive and good organisational skills to work to challenging deadlines.
• Very passionate about learning, especially in the areas of technology, service design patterns and system architecture.
• Knowledge of testing frameworks, performance testing, application tuning and load testing
• Experience using web application caching technologies and techniques (e.g. Redis)
• Java Web Application containers (Dropwizard, Tomcat, etc.)
• Java Web Services (REST, etc.), protocols and deployment
• Prior background in high volume e-Commerce solutions or other transactional processing systems
• Thorough understanding of enterprise design patterns and MVC frameworks.
• Clear understanding of dependency injection in web applications.
• Previous experience of using cloud services (e.g. AWS)
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs