START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 8 MONTHS
LOCATION: BETHESDA, MD
** A FORTUNE 500 HOSPITALITY COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL WORDPRESS ADMINISTRATOR/DEVELOPER! **
We are seeking a WordPress Administrator/Developer who will be responsible for managing WP upgrades and security updates across multiple sites in multiple languages, managing metadata/tagging and general site maintenance. The ideal candidate will be active in the WordPress community.
• Site administration for multiple sites on a single hosting platform
• Monitors server and site performance working with a third-party hosting provider.
• Supports current websites by providing technical support and software/plugin maintenance.
• Establishing and guiding the architecture for a series of WordPress websites
• Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the WordPress platform
• Managing and troubleshooting translation plug-ins such as WPML
• Executing content delivery and extraction using REST APIs
• Any updates required due to changes in plugins
• Any updates required due to changes in APIs
• Collaborating with design, strategy and sales teams to find solutions for client website projects
• Issue resolution and file management
• Aids other developers with system design and implementation.
• Must be able to build and test WCAG 2.0aa ADA-Compliant sites.
• Designing and implementing new features and functionality
• Formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and/or plugin
• Fast protoyping based on a detailed design
• Remediation of bugs identified that are discovered following site launch.
• Applicable changes to WordPress’s content settings that impact site build
• Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
• Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
• Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
• Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
• Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
• Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
• Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
• Good communication and writing skills
• Ability to work independently; good time management