Aquent's Fortune 25 client is looking for an Accessibility Expert for an on-going Web Content Research/Review/Analysis assignment (40/hrs, 5 days, onsite) in either their Woonsocket or Back Bay/Boston office.
The candidate MUST have deep knowledge of WCAG 2.0 and Section 508, a good understanding of accessibility and usability for disabled people, and experience with assistive devices and building accessible web products.
This team is specifically looking for accessibility experts with some technical knowledge/can handle accessible code - development experience is a plus, but not a must.
- Provide website accessibility services to conduct full website reviews, analysis, remediation and functional testing.
- Assess and optimize website designs through review and analysis of user needs to meet the website accessibility needs.
- Provide technical assistance and remediation guidance to designers, developers and QA.
- Recommend potential solutions by evaluating new and emerging assistive technologies designed to increase accessibility.
- Perform full cycles of sprint, regression, and integration testing
- Generate test summary reports after each testing cycle to show testing progress, actual testing results, and pass/fail status
- Provide regular status updates on completed tasks and planned testing tasks as outlined in the project schedule, issues, risks, and other action items
- Deliver accessibility training and seminars as needed. (Optional)
- Direct previous experience with developing/designing and testing websites to ensure conformance to WCAG 2.0 – Level A/AA, Section 508.
- Experience in WAI-ARIA implementation
- Thorough understanding of W3C standards-compliant HTML and CSS
- Experience using Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools
- Knowledge of assistive technologies used for web browsing such as JAWS or NVDA
- Should have multi-tasking abilities, be able to meet deadlines without compromising quality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills