START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 3 MONTHS
LOCATION: BELLEVUE, WA
** A FORTUNE 500 RETAIL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL VISUAL.UX DESIGNER! **
- Design experiences across multiple devices and platforms, from responsive web applications to iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Choose the right tool for the right problem, fluidly moving through different stages of the process from sketching to low and hi fidelity prototypes
- Ground your work in observations, research and analytics help you come up with ideas, testing helps you validate them
- Work with a cross-functional team of product managers, business analysts, visual designers, design technologists, and developers to produce compelling and fun experiences for customers.
- Improve and document current working practices, products, and technologies. Define, categorize, and organize content.
- Create multiple solutions to a single design problem and iterate to a single (or so) final design.
- Create specification, as needed, including site maps, flow diagrams, state transition diagrams, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
- Provide recommendations on ongoing product strategy based on qualitative and quantitative data.
- Coordinate or execute user research efforts, e.g., interviews, usability testing, and surveys, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with design, content, technology, business owners, and other teams to identify opportunities for innovation, growth, and efficiency.
- Ensure that all deliverables meet the requirements of the business.
- Prepare and share project and/or design presentations
- Rationalize design decisions to stakeholders and peers.
- Support the execution of the Product Development roadmap and other initiatives.
- Provide insights on where user needs are not being met at the feature level.
- Oversee and direct the work of a small team of designers to develop a best-in-class visual design experience for a global Brand.
- Keep the team informed of industry trends, best practices, comparative and competitive reviews, and evolving technologies.
- Believe universal design is beautiful design and design for people of all abilities
- Think about design as a system, contributing to and maintaining our pattern library as a way to influence both quality and efficiency for all our teams and products
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- Degree in a relevant field (HCI, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, etc.)
- Portfolio demonstrating expert use of typography, color, imagery, grid systems, and well crafted animation/transitions
- Portfolio demonstrating sound product thinking through navigation, user flows, interaction design and information architecture
- While not a requirement, we look for experience hand-coding HTML/CSS and JS, and a fundamental understanding of responsive web design best practices (bonus points if you’ve used LESS or SCSS and GitHub)