Aquent's Fortune 500 retail client is looking for a Visual uX Designer to work an initial 3 month contract with possibility to extend onsite in Richfield, MN. This role is on the Retail UX team.
The Retail UX team leads the front end design for all applications used by US sales associates. Our work consists of various tablet, desktop, and mobile projects that exist within our retail locations.
Agile design for mobile device and other sales processes. Due to the agile nature of these projects, our STRONG preference will be to find a person who can perform Visual Design.
- Be the support designer for numerous fast paced projects – STRONG preference for those with agile design experience
- Able to quickly and seamlessly move between designing for different platforms and fully understand the nuances between all
- Be responsible for designing solutions that adhere the Retail Visual Design Language, used to guide all design decisions for our Retail applications
- Perform UX and design quality assurance against developed applications and log defects with development teams
- Collaborate with other UX resources to deliver the optimal design solution based on requirements
- Create graphical assets for desktop and tablet devices to deliver to development teams
- Create design and typography guidelines for on and off shore development teams '
- Create screens flows and prototype artifacts
What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
- Online portfolio required for submission
- Experience designing for interactive experiences
- Expert Adobe Creative Suite Skills
- Touch and mobile first experience
- Experience working on website, tablet applications and other touch-based interfaces
- Understanding of HTML/CSS (position does not include front-end development)
- Strong ability to collaborate and assert a point of view positively
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Axure & InVision are nice to have
1. Ability to collaborate across UX, business and development resources.
2. Solid communication skills.
3. Ability to work in a fast paced environment.