Awesome role for a strong UI/ Visual Designer to join a SaaS start-up in Lake Oswego. We are on the hunt for a Visual/ UI Designer with a passion for both brand and interaction design to help us build awesome ad tech applications and supporting marketing material. You should have an affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen eye for details. Grasp and refine highly complex issues and translate them into clean, clear, comprehensible solutions. Your work should demonstrate simplicity, depth, empathy, and clarity.
In order to be considered for this role your portfolio must demonstrate past visual design experience with web applications or software with a clean, minimalists style. Website re-designs not applicable. Work must be done on-site in Lake Oswego.
- Use creative problem solving to achieve business goals
- Be agile and ready to tackle a wide range of design tasks
- Collaborate with cross disciplined teams including writers, designers, and engineers
- Help define and implement best practices for the design team
- Stay current on usability, user centered design and related ad technologies
- Effectively communicate brand principles through clean and clear marketing material
- Present and defend designs and deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Promote design culture within Billups
- Be authentic to yourself and your team
- 4-7 years proven experience in an agency or tech start-up
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong design skills with clean, flat design
- Solid understanding of user centered / interaction design principles and practices
- Strong presentation/communication skills
- Proficiency in a variety of tools including Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision, Slack, Asana, etc.
- Bonus points for experience working with Ad Tech platforms
- Extra bonus for video or motion experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated team player
- Attention to detail
- Authenticity and honesty
- Ability to thrive in a face-paced, dynamic environment