The designer will support the visual merchandising and retail design team by conceptualizing and creating 2D visual assets for all visual merchandising and retail points of sale for our client. This person will be apart of the design process from brainstorming sessions with the creative team, ideating, creating full size mockups, through final approval stages for the retail formats. This person will drive to deliver consistently branded graphics and layouts that work across all of our retail formats, including gondolas, events, window displays, kiosks, pop-up shops, department stores and freestanding stores.
- Conceptualize, create and produce graphics for seasonal product launches for the POS. Ideate and output multiple options with a variety of design solutions across various merchandising formats including International markets.
- Lead the development of compelling graphic solutions that tell a branded visual story for large format installations such as events, kiosks, pop-ups, department stores, and freestanding stores.
- Create layouts that are scalable across formats such as windows, counter units, endcaps, and in-store. Must take into consideration things like visual restrictions based on tester/stock placement or ergonomic relationship.
- Analyze the current in-store presentation in our various retail channels and identify ways to optimize the brand story, navigation, and product communication.
- Create visual solutions for international visual merchandising graphic requests that are outside of the quarterly seasonal updates.
- Mock up ideas at partial or full scale in preparation for weekly merchandising meeting review.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to discuss objectives and strategies of upcoming product launches. Attend meetings and other relevant discussions as necessary to gain approval and alignment from senior management.
- Understand the industry landscape by conducting store visits, identifying trends, and best practices.
- Manage and projects and prioritize according to due dates and urgency.
- Prepare presentation materials and models for internal meetings.
- Keep files and assets well organized and ready for hand off to production team.
- As needed, assist in areas of production to complete projects and support the merchandising and retail team.
- BFA in graphic design preferred
- 3+ years at beauty, fashion, retail or agency experience
- Strong understanding of branding and graphic storytelling within the retail environment
- A refined designer, a connoisseur of typography, and a lover of current trends and culture.
- Proactive self starter with team player mentality and preference to work in a close knit, highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority projects in a very fast-paced environment, and react with a sense of urgency.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to typography, messaging and scale across visual merchandising displays and retail formats.
- Must be a conceptual thinker and problem solver with the ability to work within brand guidelines
- Meticulous attention to detail, highly organized and ability to multitask in fast paced environment.
- Must be willing to take on a variety projects (no task is too big or small).
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite 5 or higher.