Our client is a Seattle-based Coffeehouse chain that is looking for a Visual Merchandising Designer. This person will be designing the retail merchandising store set-up manuals. These long-form booklets help the Store Partners bring to life the brand and seasonal initiatives. Proficiency in Mac OS, Adobe CS (primarily InDesign, and PhotoShop) and Microsoft Office, strong proofreading skills, time line management, high-level problem solving skills required. Visual communication experience and experience in cross-functional environments helpful.
- Workload is primarily in InDesign, creating multiple long-form documents releasing on multiple time lines
- Data-mining and cross-functional collaboration are needed regularly
- Worker is given certain assignments and is tasked to self-manage time according to milestones given by manager
- Proficiency in Mac OS, Adobe CS, and Microsoft Office
- Strong proofreading skills
- Time line management
- High-level problem solving skills
- Visual communication experience
- Experience in cross-functional environments
Things to note:
- A small portfolio is recommended. Larger, more flushed out portfolios are not necessary.
- There will be multiple promotions going on, so this person will need to juggle competing priorities
- May work with the senior level designer for guidance/ ramp up/ shadowing