Our client, the largest beauty retailer in the world, is seeking a Visual Merchandise Coordinator for their Downtown San Francisco corporate office.
The ideal candidate will be expected to support in the creation and execution of select in-store visual communication and merchandising direction. Involves extensive collaborative
interaction with Merchants, Creative, Marketing, Store Design, Production, Merchandise Operations, Project Management, Brands, and Fixture Vendors.
• Owns the visual merchandising direction and communication for secondary and tertiary businesses.
• Responsible for supporting the Store Creative team in the conception, design and timely execution of innovative visual
direction/merchandising solutions for in-store initiatives.
• Creates, supports and executes select visual direction in the form of monthly Visual Guides (Animation Books) and/or Updates,
weekly Brand Updates, twice yearly Retrofits, and on-going Visual Standards.
• Partners closely with select Merchandising and C&C Marketing teams to understand business needs and execute creative
solutions in support of brand objectives.
• Acts as a creative project manager to see initiatives through to fruition.
• Acts as main point of contact between Fixture Vendor and select Merchandising team to communicate strategies and fixture
needs for projects.
• Manages Fixture Vendor relationships for company projects and ensure in-house fixtures are functionally exceptional with
knowledge to make material recommendations, advocate for best pricing, ensure fixture consistency between fixture versions (by
world) and monitor execution standards. Partners in all prototype reviews.
• Works with Creative on graphic placement and needs as it pertains to product assortment and overall visual presentation,
marketing campaigns and product storytelling.
• Works collaboratively with Fixture Vendors, Merchandise Operations and Brands on instructions to stores for all Brand-owned
fixture components. Participate in brand fixture update kick-offs.
• Supports updating of Fixture Templates/Guidelines.
• Maintains and updates the corresponding portions of the Master Fixture Checklist.
• Capable of creating and/or updating 2D mechanical Illustrator and Photoshop files.
• Participation in other projects as needed.
• 5 years visual merchandising design and junior management experience in a retail environment
• High level of initiative, able to work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced, vibrant environment.
• Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills; a good team player
• Strong oral and written business communication skills with ability to present effectively at both team and leadership levels
• Strong organizational, project management, prioritizing, and analytical skills
• Proven attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
• High energy level and positive approach to job, business initiatives and group responsibilities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office. Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) a plus
• Able to travel independently and handle physical set up of visual displays as needed
• Requires occasional off-site reviews and visits to our studio, store and vendor locations
If you or anyone you know is interested in this role please send to email@example.com
-hourly rate you are seeking