Our client is looking for a visual interaction designer to design the look and feel for new features that will be running on their platform. The features will be designed using a style that is based on established design guidelines but in many cases you will be working with a relatively clean slate. You must be comfortable with ambiguity and creating designs that are very information- and data-heavy that rely on topography, color and iconography as the “hero” of the page.
Since this is a small team you will likely be working on everything visual design-related including production work (redlines, optimizing graphics). You will also be working on multiple features so the ability to switch context quickly in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- Work hand-in-hand with UX Designers and Writers to create comps based on wire frames from Information Architects.
- Design concepts for new features based on fuzzy and undefined design guidelines.
- Collaborate with UX Designers to develop assets for prototypes used for User Testing.
- Create redline specifications for designs and optimize graphics, as needed.
- Work with Program Managers to establish delivery timelines.
- Review and defend work with UX Lead, design and feature teams.
Qualifications & Skills
- At least 4 years of Web Product Design experience, at a senior level, for online web-based applications.
- Designer should be senior enough to be able to go beyond what was specified in a wire frame by the Information Architect to enhance and/or modify the designs to perfect the UX.
- Designed UX comps for web-based applications by collaborating with UX designers & writers on wireframes for several consumer websites, particularly for version 1 releases.
- Illustration skills for designing new iconography
- Follows user-centered design best practices and techniques.
- Knows all the latest web-application technologies, as well as standard HTML, DHTML, CSS, etc.
- As needed, the ability to develop low-fidelity prototypes for user research and proof-of-concept.
- Strong positive track record of delivering on time and releasing successful products under tight timelines.
- Minimum 3 years of experience driving and shipping consumer targeted products.
- BS degree in Computer Science, HCI, related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Successful candidate will have enthusiasm and energy to work in a start-up environment, eager to deliver in short-cycle product releases, and handles change with a smile.
- Portfolio demonstrating past projects is required.
Aquent, is a firm that offers content design and development, marketing, and creative services solutions. For more than 20 years, we have helped provide outsourcing and staffing solutions to clients such as Microsoft, HP, and Starbucks. We're a minority-owned business, committed to maintaining professional quality with a personal touch.