To create high-end 3D in a fast-paced broadcast environment. Bring experience to the Visual Effects team both technically and creatively.
The VFX department sits within the Creative team and provides services for many differing media departments and channels. These are often driven by current campaigns, which may require a variety of deliverables from high level commercials and promos to digital and print assets. Additionally the programmes require complex title sequences and on air graphics.
Creative output is wide-ranging and includes:
• All aspects of TV – programme packaging and titles, set design, on air promotion, channel branding, sponsorship credits, navigation and continuity
• A growing amount of off-air marketing for our channels – outdoor, press, digital etc.
• Campaigns for our platform bands and products
• All aspects of Digital Interactive media advertising & design including web, EPG, interactive services and other new developments and emerging products.
• Visual Effects pre and post production to high commercial standard.
• Presentation and Event services for CEO, Investor Relations and other senior executives
The key clients and stakeholders include:
• Sales & Marketing
• Internal Communications
• Channel Heads
• Corporate Affairs
• Hands-on CGI for individual projects as a generalist, across all aspects of production. Including, but not limited to modelling, previs, animation, texturing, lighting and rendering with advanced knowledge in one of these areas, using either Softimage/Maya/Houdini/C4D.
• Coordinate small projects and assist in planning workflow on individual projects within the 3D team
• Close collaboration with the 3D Seniors and VFX Team Supervisors.
• Collaborating with Compositing team.
• Advise on software and hardware and research new technology when required.
• Develop collaborative relationships with Designers, Directors, Creative Directors and all internal departments to ensure visual effects workflow is efficient and produces the level of work expected.
• Accountable and responsible for the quality of project results and self-management.
• Accountable and responsible for personal interactions with all staff and clients.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Qualifications - Degree in Media or Art
- Specialist knowledge
- Strong abilities in all aspects of 3D animation
- Detailed knowledge of either Softimage/Maya/Houdini or C4D
- Understanding of linear workflow within 3D
- A good understanding of a VFX pipeline
- Industry experience
- High level of 3D skills – capable of working with all aspects of 3D.
- Demonstrable high level of independently and collaboratively creating 3D
- Delivering high-end 3D within a limited time frame for broadcast and/or film
- More than 5 years of experience in post-production or VFX environment
- Planning skills
- Time Management
- Organised and professional
- The ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Creative flair and passion for producing great work
- Excellent people management experience/skills
- Working within a delivery schedule
- Producing final masters
- Very organised
- Likes evaluating success against agreed criteria
- Shows energy, passion and resilience
- Seeks opportunities to collaborate
- Treats people with respect and understanding
- Values diversity of people and ideas
- Willingness to learn and master new software when required
- Proven experience in CG
- Basic Nuke skills
- Willingness to transfer skills to other software
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs