We’re looking for an amazing, cutting-edge Visual Designer with strong digital chops. The ideal person is passionate about creating great brand experiences for online (email, OLA, mobile, etc.), print, and beyond. This role is reporting to the Senior Creative Manager, MarComm, and you’ll be responsible for helping us move our brand forward with brand-consistent designs to support our campaigns. You’ll team up with copywriters, web developers, and marketing managers to translate concepts into great designs across multiple channels. We’re looking for someone who is highly creative, deadline driven, and know how to manage feedback and expectations from team leaders.
This is a full-time position. We’re ideally looking for someone who can work 3-6+ months and possibly convert to perm for the right person. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Collaborate and work closely with the Test & Learn Team to create visual design assets for testing initiatives on our main website and supporting sites.
- Work as a member of the agile Web Team as visual and interactive design support during sprints
- Provide visual and interactive design support during the migration of the current ah.com tech stack to a new platform
- Support successful rollout and execution of company’s visual identity across all platforms and channels
- Collaborate with copywriters, marketing specialists and web developers
- Image sourcing, retouching & modification as needed
- Develop concepts and graphics for various marketing materials including emails, Direct Mail, microsites, in-app micro-experiences, infographics, mobile banner ads, event graphics and other collateral
- Support campaigns as needed including recreating, reformatting, and resizing advertisements and related campaign collateral
- Develop a broad level of understanding of the company’s core values and services
- Mid-senior level graphic design experience, with a strong emphasis and knowledge of designing web and interactive experiences
- Passion for creating mobile/digital-first experiences
- Good understanding of HTML, HTML5, CSS, responsive design and current web technologies- but this is NOT a front end developer role!
- Good sense of typography, visual hierarchy, grid-based layout and color theory
- Demonstrated knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign; working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint
- Love of cutting-edge design; stays current and ahead of design trends, including a strong understanding of user-centric design principles
- Polished, positive, can-do personality; flexible and willing to learn
- Ability to function as a productive member in a team-focused, collaborative environment
- Strong organizational skills, extreme attention to detail, and commitment to producing excellent work
- Proven experience managing multiple deadlines in a time-pressured environment; delivery of work on-time and within budget constraints
- Ability to create original design concepts within brand standards and sell them to others
- Excellent communication skills