As a member of the Consumer Display Ads UX team, Visual designers will focus on creating beautiful, thoughtful, and consistent visual designs and illustrations across facets of the consumer ad experience, including ad formats and test platforms, and innovative ad related products.
Visual Designers weave iconography, typography, illustration, color, space and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our products. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible. As a Visual Designer, you’ll delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite them. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many platforms. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your fellow designers to constantly refine the design language and create innovative, great-looking products that people love to use.
1. Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively.
2. Produce illustrations, icons, diagrams, templates, and style guideline documents for use in developer documentation.
3. Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
-Take input/requirements from multiple stakeholders across different organizations.
-Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field.
- 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with mobile apps
- Experience with illustration
- Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator and/or Sketch.
Nice to haves:
-4 years of relevant experience.
-Experience prototyping and/or implementing designs with HTML/CSS and/or mobile SDKs.
-Experience collaborating with user researchers, content strategists, product managers, and/or engineers.
-Core design skills; ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color effectively.
-Considerable success as a UI designer, evangelist, creative director, or design consultant working with web or mobile technologies.
-Ability to juggle multiple priorities on tight deadlines without compromising quality. Strong command of web design or mobile design landscapes.