Contract with potential for extension or perm with Fortune 500 Tech company in SD!
We are a talented group of designers, writers, prototypers, and researchers focused on delivering the best products for our customers. We’re looking for a candidate who is passionate about design, a creative problem solver, and an advocate of beautiful and seamless customer experiences.
You must love
• Emotionally connecting with customers
• Customer-centered design processes
• Solving seriously real problems
• Organizing and maintaining complex design systems
• Ambitious and ambiguous directions
• Inspiring others to aim for bigger, bolder, and smarter ideas
• Agile and experiment-driven development
• Negotiating, communicating, and presenting
What you’ll do
• Design for multiple platforms within the realm of technical possibilities.
• Articulate complex visions through simple, elegant designs.
• Design and maintain the core product experience
• Deliver compelling UX visions, UI specifications, high fidelity visual designs and prototypes.
• Apply strategic visual thinking to deliver a best in class product experience
• Turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into designs that make our products very simple to use
• Utilize industry design standards and best practices to define and implement design criteria, design guidelines, and design specs
• Stay up to date with new technologies and industry trends
• Collaborate effectively with designers, researchers, engineering, product management, marketing, and other team members
• Prioritize work & multi-task well; Wear multiple hats in a true start-up spirit to support adjacent areas like interaction design or user research
• Strong conceptual thinking
• 0 - 3+ years of visual or hybrid design experience with consumer applications, preferably rich web apps/sites
• Intimate Knowledge of Sketch, Adobe software and prototyping tools
• Strong leadership skills - ability to work with Art Directors, Project Managers, Engineers and Senior Leaders
• A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation
• Minimum BA/BS degree in graphic design or related field
• A portfolio with examples of solid product design interface