If you have proven success as a visual designer and are looking for an exciting career with a robust company in the dynamic education field we have an opportunity for you. Our client in Santa Ana, Calif., is looking for a skilled, creative and results-driven web designer to join our Digital Marketing Team (DMT) as a Designer-Developer. In this position, you’ll help create Web-based communications that drive prospects to our more than 100 College campuses throughout the United States and Canada. You’ll work with an impassioned, tight-knit team that recognize the value of post-secondary education and is dedicated to helping students prepare themselves for a better life. We offer an innovative environment that is great for self-starters.
Our ideal DMT Designer-Developer is:
• Strong in Web design but also comfortable with front-end work
• Curious, forward-thinking and marketing-minded
• Experienced with creating world-class websites
• A tech junkie who thrives in the world of online conversion
The DMT Designer-Developer supports the Digital Marketing Team’s design work for various online projects. This includes:
• Contributing to wireframes and content strategy of both internal portal and consumer facing websites.
• Gathering requirements for websites and portals from stakeholders and keeping projects on track.
• Creating layouts that effectively convert visitors into leads.
• Being a champion for the User Experience.
• Facilitating and contributing to A/B user testing and conversion optimization.
• Creating beautiful and professional design comps from wireframes or stakeholder requirements.
• Turning approved comps into standards-compliant HTML and CSS to work with PHP MVC frameworks.
• Support mobile efforts through HTML5, Responsive Design and champion multi-platform integration.
• Creating and developing user interfaces for internal portal systems and external consumer websites.
• Testing designs for various browsers and devices, such as mobile and desktop, with an emphasis on detail.
• Supporting PPC and email teams with landing pages and email templates
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of five years professional experience.
• Highly skilled in relevant web design software such as: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Flash, etc.
• Experience integrating PHP based back-end systems with front-end interfaces. (e.g. create a Wordpress theme out of an XHTML/CSS template).
• Knowledge of Linux servers a plus.
• Knowledge of online business marketing principals (Impressions, clicks, conversions, ROI, Cost per Acquisition, Web analytics) with the ability to analyze results of initiatives.
• Must have thorough knowledge of Web best practices, including SEO/SEM.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize projects based on business needs.
• Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment.
Samples of Web site work and/or portfolio required.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs