Product Management | Alexandria
We are is looking for a Visual Designer that has proven success with B2B and B2C web applications to join our product team for a part-time, 4-month contract (with potential for extension). This is an exciting opportunity for anyone passionate about visual design and building innovative products. You will be a key member in a talented group of application development professionals.
As a Visual Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the Fishbowl application design process. You will rely on a full range of design skills from interaction design to product design to visual design, with a heavy emphasis on visual design. This role represents design on multidisciplinary project teams, working with interaction designers, product managers, and developers. Your job is to drive product vision and lead the team with your eye for great visual design.
The Visual Designer will demonstrate solid conceptual, visualization, and communication during all phases of creative development from inception to launch. The position requires a deep understanding of current technologies and design trends, and the desire to push the limits of innovation, creativity with a keen sense of our brand.
• Creating engaging and useful design systems that define our brand across all product applications.
• Designing creative deliverables for marketing applications based on a thorough understanding of the product vision, customer needs and user stories
• Creating high quality and engaging designs that show a strong attention to detail within the project timeframes
• Adhering to established style guidelines and helping to expand and improve style requirements as needed
• Working collaboratively with the design, product, technical, and management teams
• Collaborating and interacting daily with a team who are as passionate about the user experience as you are.
• Working in a highly efficient, interactive design process using minimal documentation to support your vision.
• Working closely with developers to help build prototypes and refine working products.
• Ability to work from our Alexandria office part-time (20 hours per week)
• Degree in Human Factors, HCI, Industrial Design, Visual arts or related area or equivalent practical experience.
• 3+ years of experience as a professional Visual Designer or equivalent practical experience.
• Fluent in all things digital design, including mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator or other digital design tools
• Solid understanding of storytelling and a passion for marketing content.
• Tireless advocate for the user with an eye for excellent UI and overall UX design.
• Must be process driven, demonstrate strong interaction design skills, careful attention to details and have a solid understanding of digital design principles
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs