We’re seeking an ambitious creative professional to execute visual design for web user experience (UX). You must have the passion to defend design; the maturity to work collaboratively with business leads; the intellect to synthesize brand, user experience and business requirements into well-crafted design solutions; and the discipline to be creative within a closed design system. As a member of a high-functioning team of UX professionals responsible for evolving an established Fortune 500 brand, you must have the ability to make the pragmatic concerns of business and user experience your first priority, above personal artistic expression.
Our user experience (UX) practice operates as an internal agency to our corporate business partners. The work is fast-paced, big in scope, and generates immediate results for the success of our company and our customers. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who thrives in a collaborative setting. On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside some of the industry’s top UX professionals in a variety of disciplines. The work demands a healthy respect for the contributions of all stakeholders, and a solid understanding of how visual design plays a supporting role in a user-centered design methodology. If you have a heart for innovation, a head for usability, and all the requisite talent to boot, we want to talk to you.
We offer a creative agency vibe, along with a business casual work environment; the best hardware and software from Apple, Adobe, Wacom and more; and an on-site, state-of-the-art usability lab—among the best of it’s kind.
Purpose and function of job:
• Will combine creative concepts and design with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative site designs, marketing, presentations and motion graphics for all of the business's web properties, with emphasis on channel services (e.g., search, help, authentication, chat, etc.).
• Should have a bold vision for excellence in web design and will work closely with web usability, content management, technology, marketing and LOB leaders to create a unified, customer driven design direction.
• Execute high quality web design for all the business's web properties under the direction of the Visual Design manager.
• Adhere to design standards and brand guidelines.
• Partner across related disciplines including, usability, content management and web development to meet the objectives of every business engagement.
• 5-7 years experience preferred as a Web Designer at a major agency, retail or financial services institution or large ecommerce site.
• Knowledgeable in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash.
• Bachelor Degree, Masters desired, with Major field of study in Graphic Design, Computer Science, Human Factors, Web Design, Information Systems or Visual Arts.
• Minimum: 5 years experience in web design, graphic design, usability or related field
• Certifications or special training desired: Relevant conference/seminar attendance. Familiarity with Flash, specifically action scripting skill is a plus. Experience with HTML 5, CSS 3 and use of Firebug is also advantageous.
• Experience in an e-commerce, media, or start-up environment with tight release cycles.
• Best-practices knowledge of WC3 and other web design standards.
• Excellent understanding of usability/user centered design, UX methodology, interactive design principles, and online branding issues.
• Must be highly innovative and inspire commitment to a higher standard.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Solutions oriented with the ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to changing requirements and conditions
**Rapid Prototyping, Responsive Web and Wire framing experience a major plus**
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs